Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, so my husband is doing the BEPx3 and tomorrow he is done with round 1. Bloodwork today showed he has neutropenia and he is not feeling well. We are nervous and scared. I know this is common with chemo. Has anyone here experienced this?

Comment

• Very common, especially after first round. I had it. Just avoid crowds, be very clean and avoid germs, and insist on a neulasta or neupogen at the end of each of the rest of the rounds.
      6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
      6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
      7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
      7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
      10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
      10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
      4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
      4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
      4/15/19: all clears up to this date!

Comment

• It would be unusual if he didn't get neutropenia, actually, most guys do. The shots seem to help, ask about them, some docs are not on board with them.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Thank you and i don’t think his oncologist is on board because he said there’s no need for shots. But friday we have appointment since today he's done with round 1. We will ask again about shots.

Comment

• So today we went to oncologist and he finally mentioned a patch my husband can wear on his arm to bring up his immune. He is prone to infections. He has been having a burning sensation to urinate since last week and doctor gave him antibiotics and it went away a few days. But today burning sensation started and he saw a tiny blood clot looking thing. Urinalysis was negative. Tomorrow he goes back to lab for another urinalysis. Not sure what’s going on. Can neutropenia or chemo cause anything like this? We are worried

Comment

• So sorry! No idea hope someone can help.
              Son Grant
              dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
              Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
              2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
              Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• Did anyone here have any allergic reactions during BEPX3?

Comment

• I did not & can't recall anyone mentioning any allergic reactions here. What is going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Davepet View Post
                    I did not & can't recall anyone mentioning any allergic reactions here. What is going on?
                    Hi Dave and looks like Etoposide caused him to have an allergic reaction. He’s been on benadryl since Tuesday when he had shortness of breath and itchy and swollen throat. He’s almost done with round 3, just needs two more bleos. He gets dizzy spells, very fatigued, and lots of burping. I’m guessing all this is normal for chemo side effects?

Comment

• Fatigue is almost a universal side effect, Gastrointestinal issues are pretty common, I don't recall anyone mentioning dizziness, but I woudn't be too concerned, just be sure to mentionit to his doc at the next visit

Comment

Working...
                      X