X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wjonw
    • Aug 2018

Hi !

Yes i had some weird higher numbers also after chemo but these were totally norrnal during (was also stage 2b seminoma). The onc said not even to worry about any markers because scans were clear and that told the full story. ALl numbers normalized at my second scan 3 months after.

Is he on any vitamins? or anything new since chemo?

Comment

• Violet0729
      • Feb 2018

Ok i checked his labs again and realized his cholesterol is not high. His tumor marker LDH is high and at 262. So is there a possibility that chemo didn’t work? Does that mean he still has cancer and theres more spread?

Comment

• Violet0729
        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by wjonw View Post
        Hi !

Yes i had some weird higher numbers also after chemo but these were totally norrnal during (was also stage 2b seminoma). The onc said not even to worry about any markers because scans were clear and that told the full story. ALl numbers normalized at my second scan 3 months after.

Is he on any vitamins? or anything new since chemo?
        Were your tumor markers a little off after chemo? My husband’s LDH is high. But he does have anemia because his RBC is low. We are panicking

Comment

• Davepet
          • Mar 2010

LDH isn't really a tumor marker as inflammation anywhere in the body can cause it to be elevated,and at 262 his is not elevated all that much. I would not be panicking at this point, it is too soon post chemo.

BTW, seminoma cannot elevate AFP, but it can elevate the other markers, just so you know, but I doubt that is what is happening here.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Violet0729
            • Feb 2018

Thank you Dave. Hopefully it’s just liver stress or his anemia.

Comment

• Mike
              Administrator
              • Apr 2008

As mentioned the LDH is not very specific and is of very minimal elevation. Also, the AFP measurement differences would be of no concern at all to me given that they are within the range and AFP is not elevated by seminoma. Regardless, unless it was above 25 I wouldn't have any concerns.

Mike
              Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
              06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
              06.26.06 Left I/O
              06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
              06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
              Surveillance...
              Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
              6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• JoeTheAstronaut
                • Dec 2016

That's the trouble, Violet, we're always looking over the shoulder, wondering if things go wrong - hopefully, the doctors confirm it's not cancer related!!
                July 2016 - Left I/O
                December 2016 - BEPx3
                All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
                My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
                First Oncologist Visit Checklist
                Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

• wjonw
                  • Aug 2018

Hi violet - yes my ldh was high right after chemo and it had never been during and is now back to normal.

As Dave said these are here to help but can also mean a lot of other things . Again if the scans are good that is all that matters. My doctor never panicked or was worried about the ldh so I trust him and move on as much as we can!
                  Let us know!

Comment

• Violet0729
                    • Feb 2018

My husband just told me he has been having lower back pain and he is panicking. He has been doing yard work around the house and we are hoping it’s just that. He finished chemo over 3 weeks ago. Not sure what to think anymore. He has ct scan this Thursday.

Comment

• Davepet
                      • Mar 2010

Back pain after yard work is pretty common, it takes very advanced TC to cause back pain, so have him lay off the yard work for now, I was just barely able to start hiking at 3 weeks post chemo....
                      Last edited by Davepet; 07-27-19, 10:57 PM.
                      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
                      X