X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike982
    • Jul 2016

natural relief from nausea

Hi I've been suffering from nausea and I was wondering does anyone have any natural ways / relief from nausea? Any suggestions would be amazing thanks!
  • jpboucher
    • Jan 2016

Ginger has some antiemetic properties.

Yoga and relaxation can also help.

But overall, if you're doing chemotherapy, then an upgrade in your antiemetic regimen may be warranted.

Jean-Philippe
    December 15, 2015 : Right I/O. Markers normal.
    December 24, 2015 : Merry Christmas ! 100 % pure EC, no LVI.
    January 7, 2016 : CT scan : 2 RPLN of 8 and 9 mm
    February 2016 : Markers normal.
    March 2016 : Markers normal.
    April 2016 : Abnormal B-HCG (43). 14 mm (from 8) and 10 mm (from 9) lymph nodes.
    April 25, 2016 : Happy birthday ! Relapsed confirmed.
    May 2, 2016 : BEP x 3 begins.
    July 3, 2016 : BEP x 3 ends.
    July 2016 : Serum tumor markers normal. 10 mm (from 14) and 6 mm (from 10) lymph nodes. Back on surveillance !
    December 23, 2016 : Merry Christmas ! Serum tumor markers normal. 6.8 mm (from 10) and no more visible (from 6) lymph nodes. Surveillance continues.
    June 2017 : Serum tumor markers normal. 4 mm (from 7 mm) lymph node. Surveillance continues.

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

Talk to you doc, Mike. There are powerful meds that can help you, now is not the time to stay "natural"

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Mike982
        • Jul 2016

Hi Jp and Dave thanks for the advice. I might give yoga a try Yes, I agree to some extent with not staying natural but I'd like to if possible. I found this quease easy spray which I might try out. Found it on Live Better With they look good. IF your interested: https://livebetterwith.com/products/quease-ease/ Thanks again appreciate it !

Comment

• Conor1988
          • Oct 2011

Hi Mike,

Regardless of what method you choose, do know that nausea is one of those things that is far easier to prevent than it is to stop once it starts. So be proactive (which is also why so many people are in favor of medications). However, when I was in the hospital, there was an Amish woman that did not use medications for nausea due to religious beliefs. Not sure how she managed, but it must be possible to an extent.

In addition to ginger, the nurses recommended to me to just always have some (bland) food in my stomach. Somewhat counterintuitive perhaps, but I found it to be true. So whether it is ginger snaps, crackers, or pretzels, make sure you eat a bite or two every once in awhile. I found this to be helpful.

While I did not try this while going through treatment, I purchased the book "Healthy at Home: Get Well and Stay Well Without Prescriptions." I have used some of the recipes in there and they were effective. Though, I have never had to look for something for nausea, so I don't know what/if it has to recommend. It (or another similar book/website) might be a good resource for you.

Lastly when my nausea got bad, going into a dark space and focusing on my breathing also helped! Hope that helps and best of luck to you!
          9/27/2011 - Mass detected
          10/4/2011 - Left I/O; Seminoma; Stage I
          11-12/8/2011 - Radiation therapy
          2012 - 2013 - Surveillance
          2/6/2014 - bHCG 7.3, then 9.2
          2/10/2014 - Recurrence confirmed, CT scan detected a chest tumor: 7.1 x 5.6 x 8.7 cm in diameter. Also a lymph node 1.4 x 1.0.
          2/17/2014 - 3xBEP
          5/12/2014 - Tumor completely resolved
          9/12/2014 - New nodule on CT scan
          11/11/2014 - Nodule increased from 1.2 x 0.7 cm to 2.9 x 0.9 cm.
          12/8/2014 - HDC Autologous Stem Cell Transpant in Indianapolis
          1/16/2015 - Tumor completely resolve!
          3-6/2016 - started having severe and worsening headaches
          6/28/2016 - 9.8cm brain tumor detected; emergency brain surgery
          8/10/2016 - Radiation (6 weeks) to entire brain and spine to treat brain tumor (suspected leptomeningeal disease)

Comment

• Nate jacob
            • Aug 2016

Ginger, be it in the form of ginger ale, tea, or even raw, is almost a guarantee to help stop nausea in its tracks.

Comment

Working...
            X