X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I survived week 1...what's next

Well week 1 is in the books. I am doing BEP x 3.

I haven't had much nausea, but have experienced quite a bit of fatigue. The worst side effect I have experienced so far are the bad headaches. The doctor gave me some pain medicine and that seems to be taking care of the pain. Mornings are the worst...it seems the nausea and sick feeling is always in the morning, then as the day goes on I get better. Is this normal?

Additionally, sleeping is almost non existent during the night. Probably due to the steroids. I am taking 3mg of lunesta, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

My taste has definitely changed!! I use to love Pepsi...now...I hate it! Certain foods taste the same, but for the most part everything has changed. I have found myself sucking on jolly ranchers and peppermints to get the chemo taste out of my mouth.

I am curious what is next? I have BLEO tm, then off for a week. What is week 2 like?

Thanks!
    May 6 - R/O Left Testicle
    Pathology Report - Mixed Germ Cell Tumor - Non-Seminoma
    80% Embryonal 20% Yolk Sac
    Margin Free, No LVI.
    Tumor Markers - Normal
    Stage 1A - On Surveillance

September CT Scan showed 2 Para-Aortic enlarged lymph nodes measuring 1.6cm and 1.3cm
    Restaged 2A
    9/26 Started BEP x 3
    11/21 Ended BEP x 3
    11/21 On Surveillance Again - Lymph Nodes on post chemotherapy scan were 9mm and are expected to shrink further. Merry Christmas to me!!

Originally posted by Saustin0612 View Post
    I am curious what is next? I have BLEO tm, then off for a week. What is week 2 like?
    Nausea & fatigue should both diminish as the week goes on. I actually felt pretty good on my bleo-only days except for one where I developed a fever and shakes. They gave me tylenol before the bleo after that & it never happened again.

You should NOT be getting a week off, however Standard protocol is week1 EP for 5 days bleo added on Mon or Tue.
    Week. 2 & 3 Bleo on Mon or Tue.

That is called one cycle, it repeats 2 more times.

Dave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

You are correct; I might not have worded it right. I'll blame the meds...haha!
      Last week Days 1-5 was Bleo (M only) EP then Today - Bleo, Next Monday - Bleo then repeat that another 2 times for 3 cycles.
      May 6 - R/O Left Testicle
      Pathology Report - Mixed Germ Cell Tumor - Non-Seminoma
      80% Embryonal 20% Yolk Sac
      Margin Free, No LVI.
      Tumor Markers - Normal
      Stage 1A - On Surveillance

September CT Scan showed 2 Para-Aortic enlarged lymph nodes measuring 1.6cm and 1.3cm
      Restaged 2A
      9/26 Started BEP x 3
      11/21 Ended BEP x 3
      11/21 On Surveillance Again - Lymph Nodes on post chemotherapy scan were 9mm and are expected to shrink further. Merry Christmas to me!!

Comment

Working...
      X