X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

My husband was supposed to have his last bleo shot today. Only one round of BEP. He is very neutropenic (0.1) so the doc at Sloan said they wouldn't give him his last bleo shot today. They are forfeiting it altogether. This makes me nervous. Should we just trust this is the right decision? Should
    We ouch back and ask for the shot tomorrow?? Any advice and thoughts appreciated!

As I understand it the Bleo really doesn't affect your neutraphils? I would push for it pretty hard after researching a little more. And then maybe be extremely careful with germs and whatnot for the next 2 weeks until the neutraphil count comes up.
    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
    7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
    3/29/2018 all clears up to this date!

Comment

I personally would take the Bleo as studies showing the low relapse rate were done using an entire full cycle. Also, Bleo does not alter the WBC count. However, Bleo is the least effective of the three drugs and I suspect it would make little difference since you have already received 2/3's of the entire Bleo dose. If Einhorn says it's okay to skip it, then of course he's the best and I would follow whatever he says. Of course, he's basing this on intuition. We don't have studies where people skipped their last Bleo shot.
      Diagnosed at age 31. Treated in NYC. Now living in Ottawa, ON, Canada.

7/1/2015: felt tiny lump on side of R testicle
      7/30/2015: Ultrasound shows 2 intra-testicular masses.
      7/31/2015: tumor markers normal, CXR clear
      8/5/2015: R orchiectomy
      8/11/2015: Pathology: 1.2 x 1.0 x 1.0 cm, embryonal 80%, seminoma 20%, with LVI and rete testis invasion
      8/14/2015: CT abdomen/pelvis clear, Stage 1b
      8/24/2015: started 1 x BEP

Comment

Thanks guys. I consulted with Einhorn. He said he strongly agrees we should dripnit as it won't make a difference.

Comment

I might need this info for the future-what did he strongly agree with- it says "dripinit"

Comment

Sorry! He said drop it. So that's what we did....

Comment

Working...
            X