Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad to hear that you got it sorted and this is a perfect example of why you have to be your own advocate in your care because there are miscommunications that can happen.

Unless there was a bonafide medical reason for reducing doses and I personally would not count possible reduction in tinnitus as one of them. Then I would not have any dose reductions.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Originally posted by joejoey View Post
      ..He said it was a miscommunication with the nurses and that he thought it was the start of my second cycle.
      It wouldn't even matter if it WAS the start of round 2, you should NOT accept any delays in treatment according to Dr E & other experts. Low white counts are not as threatening as a delay in treatment. Most oncs do the shot automatically when counts drop, you shouldn't even need to ask, but if yours does not, bring it up.

Dave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

I want to clarify about when if ever the start of a round of BEP should be delayed. I read the article, but again want clarification that the start of a BEP cycle is NEVER delayed.
        My son's Oncologist told me today he has Neutropenia, but said they do not give a shot of either Neupogen or Neulasta.
        We were told that next Friday if the new labs showed lower counts it could delay the start of the cycle. Grant's WBC was not extremly low at 2.44, his Neut # was .32, I do not see his ANC listed, and am struggling to figure it out but, recall the Dr. said 340. The Oncologist did say that once a cycle starts they do not stop it for low counts. I will say she has not handled many cases of Testicular Cancer being a Pedi Oncologist.

Thanks in advance

Son Grant
        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

As far as I know, the experts do not recommend suspending treatment regardless.When treating other types of cancer it is more common so that is probably where it comes from.

Dave
          Last edited by Davepet; 02-12-17, 02:04 AM.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Here in Australia it seems like you get Neulasta shot as a rule without even checking the count - I did after each round and so did two other guys from a different oncologist.
            July 2016 - Left I/O
            December 2016 - BEPx3
            All clear for 1 year!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
            First Oncologist Visit Checklist
            Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

DAVE~ I will contact my son's Oncologist Monday to either share articles or ask her to please contact Dr. E.

JOE~ I have not idea why she said she does not give the Neulasta or Neupogen shots. I did ask if Grant would be getting one, she said no, and I did not ask why not.
              the Drs comment about possibly delaying the start of Grant's cycle next Friday has me concerned.
              Son Grant
              dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
              Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
              2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
              Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
              X