X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScotSteve
    • Nov 2016

Adjuvant Carboplatin

Well, today I was due my single session - exactly 5 weeks after my I/O.

Sadly the hospital called 70 mins before my appt time to postpone - apparently I need additional renal testing (beyond the standard 'chemo' bloods). As you can imagine, I was a little disappointed but life goes on.

I'm attending for more bloods tomorrow then I have a revised session date for the Thursday of this weekZ

However, today screwed up our planning - my wife had the day off work, organised childcare for our 2 kids etc.

My question I'm wondering - am I likely to unable to drive after the session? Clearly my wife was planning to drive but she can't attend with me now. I'd prefer not to drive but maybe I'd be fine immediately afterwards? Any comments?
  • JeskiM69
    • May 2014

I can't imagine you not being able to drive home after a single dose. I could have driven through the first half of my BEP regimen....but I always ended up getting a ride with my wife, aunt, or neighbor friend.

- Matt
    March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
    March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
    6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
    LDH never fully normalized
    Stage: IS
    Watchful Waiting
    May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
    May 12th: started 3xBEP
    Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
    July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
    August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
    September 4th: Port removed
    Jan 9th 2019: 4.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

• MarkOne
      • Sep 2015

I agree. You should be fine to drive home after carboplatin. I didnt start to feel under par until the late evening.

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

I had no choice but to drive myself 35 miles one way for all my 3xBEP treatments. There were a few times towards the end of the long weeks I probably shouldn't have been on the road, but I managed. I would expect you to be fine after a single dose.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• ScotSteve
          • Nov 2016

Well, thanks for all the replies. I managed to drive home today but after a couple of hours I'm feeling a bit punch drunk / wobbly so I'm glad I didn't have a long way to travel.

Here's hoping the side effects are minimal and the treatment makes the desired impact on my risk of relapse. Time will tell!

Comment

Working...
          X