X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I start kicking cancers ass

First treatment this morning. 3x BEP for stage 2b. Can't finish till I start. Nervous but ready. Will keep in touch.

Good luck, keep us posted!
    24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
    Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
    Pre/o CT Clear
    Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
    Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
    Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
    Borderline stage 2B/3B
    BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
    CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

good luck! you will kick its ass. be strong and don't doubt!

Comment

Good Luck !

Yes, the sooner you start the sooner you win.

Don't get too bored this week. The long weeks can be boring while sitting in that chair.

- Matt
        March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
        March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
        6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
        LDH never fully normalized
        Stage: IS
        Watchful Waiting
        May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
        May 12th: started 3xBEP
        Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
        July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
        August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
        September 4th: Port removed
        July 8th 2017: 3 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

That was a long day, maybe not to bad but sure seemed it. Just a quick summary of the day: labs; meds- aloxi, emend, Decadron and fluid bolus. Then chemo, first cisplatin then the etoposide. Presently feel fine, wierd taste in mouth, tired, but not sure if the fatigue isn't just from long day. One day of chemo down 20 to go. KICKING cancers ass one day at a time.
          Last edited by Scottdbltrbl; 12-19-16, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Good luck! I was also Stage IIB.
            Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
            www.stevepake.com
            https://www.facebook.com/yacancerbysteve/
            Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
            My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
            C
            ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

You'll have no problem beating this!
              19/1/16 – Lump on right testicle, confirmed on CT scan with normal tumor markers, Right RP lymph node 9.1mm(still normal range but suspicious)
              27/1/16 – Right Inguinal orchiectomy
              03/2/16 – Histology, 100 % Seminoma, with Rete Testis Invasion, Pt1
              04/2/16 - PET scan, Blood work, Right Retroperitoneal lymph node 11.1mm (lit up on PET scan suggesting tumor activity), Normal Tumor Markers. Stage 2A
              09/2/16 - Selection of treatment - Robotic-RPLND, 2 cycles Carboplatin
              22/2/16 - Robotic RPLND with DaVinci robot at Royal Marsden in London
              01/3/16 - Histology 100% Seminoma, 3 nodes largest 30mm, 3mm, 1mm
              07/3/16 - 1st round Carboplatin
              01/4/16 - 2nd round Carboplatin
              15/5/16 - Got engaged to my greatest cheerleader
              25/7/16 - CT Scan, 1st All clear
              07/11/16 - Chest X-Ray, 2nd all clear

Comment

Take care, mate!! Just finished first week of BEP so we learn what to expect, all good. Rest up, you're going to win!!

Comment

Nice to meet you Joe. Day 2 in the books, Tuesdays are my Bleomycin days on my 5/1/1 cycle. Feeling pretty good, fatigued but no other effects. Long day in those chairs.

Comment

Keep on keeping on. Day 3 in the books, 18 more sessions to go. So far fatigue and nausea are my biggest side effects. Nausea is relieved with meds. My family and friends have been great to help out with everything.
                    Hope everyone is doing well that is in treatments, and keep focused and positive.
                    Thank you to everyone that has been in our shoes and for your words of wisdom, advice, and truth.

Comment

Good to hear you're doing alright mate
                      24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
                      Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
                      Pre/o CT Clear
                      Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
                      Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
                      Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
                      Borderline stage 2B/3B
                      BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
                      CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

I've had a little bit of issues trying to use the Forum the past few days not sure if it was just me or frustration. I am sure that the ill effects of the chemo are not helping either. I made it through my second bleomycin and after the stomach ache of that today I'm ready for a week's rest. I hope everyone is feeling well in their chemo endeavors and in life in general for every one else.
                        The nausea has been the biggest battle it gets better as days go by when on the days of treatment it can really set me back they are using aloxi and emend as IV push during treatments and I have Compazine and Zofran at home just doesn't seem to be enough sometimes.
                        I find that I have no appetite for solids and my best buddy is a package of chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and milk and the third of a banana. When I do try to take solids in it just doesn't seem to go down well.
                        Warm bath and a heating pad seems to help quite well with stomach irritation, not all the time but for most.

Comment

Be very careful with long and particularly hot baths in the latter cycles....especially when your blood pressure is down and the Haemoglobins are down.

I learned a very hard lesson about Vasodilation in my last cycle; courtesy of a long and hot bath that I decided to take because I did not have the strength to take a shower at that time.

- Matt
                          March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
                          March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
                          6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
                          LDH never fully normalized
                          Stage: IS
                          Watchful Waiting
                          May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
                          May 12th: started 3xBEP
                          Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
                          July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
                          August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
                          September 4th: Port removed
                          July 8th 2017: 3 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

Good thing is you're done with treatment for round 1! It's not fun, for me it's been worst after Bleos, but at least we've got a bit of time to recover before next round... Try to rest up, Scottdbltrbl, you're getting through this thing now!!

Comment

good luck, take care
                              11.2009 (age 29)carcinoma embryonale testis,op left side(orchiectomy),600 AFP, 90 bHCG(after op still high) ,CT chest and abdomen clear
                              12.2009 - 2.2010 3xBEP + bleomicin
                              going on controls every 4 month,all clear

Comment

Working...
                              X