Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck. You'll do fine. I was stage IIIC. I remember I would show up right before 10 AM and they always had the Price is Right on the TV. There were a couple of people there that had different types of cancer. There was one lady that would always talk to me and reassure me that everything was going to be ok. I wish I could stop by and see her or the other people but I'm at work while they are open and close by the time I get off.

Comment

It'seems like it'should been forever since we last chatted. Got my 3rd Bleo yesterday.

Comment

Today I go get my first neupogen injection. What should I expect for typical symptoms?

Comment

Cancer and chemo hasn't beaten me down. It has lifted me up and made me think a lot. I am now on the verge of being able to help my whole family out financially in a way never imagined.
          We own a small parcel in upstate NY on river just outside my hometown. Going to transform this spot into a mini camp ground with a natural amphitheater. The potential is mind blowing when you think about it. We are on a small river, 5minutes from my dad's Pizza shop, 5minutes from golf, 5 minutes from Pleasant Lake that my sister can build a boat launch from, we all ready have a sweet hiking trail, 5min from Carthage where grocery store and hardware store and pharmacy is, 5 minutes from bars, in winter right on snowmobile trail. I can keep going.
          I am so excited I can't sleep.
          So for anyone that likes camping or small concert venues in the future come visit me.

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing okay mate!

Anyways wanted to go to NY, so maybe i'll take you up on it :P

How's the hair doing so far?
            24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
            Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
            Pre/o CT Clear
            Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
            Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
            Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
            Borderline stage 2B/3B
            BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
            CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by Scottdbltrbl View Post
              Today I go get my first neupogen injection. What should I expect for typical symptoms?
              I had no issues, some report aching in the bones. I can't recall if other symptoms have been reported.

Dave
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Well I definitely want to recommend that you get your 2qts of water a day. What a difference in the way I feel during the 5 day stretch of cycle 2, compared to the same point of cycle 1.
                All is good here, I got this. Hope everyone keeps on keeping on.

Comment

RE: Neupogen

I was one of the "lucky" ones to get the bone pain. For me it was pretty bad. I had to use some strong pain killers for a day....the stuff I had left over from the Orchie. Otherwise I was told to take the max dosage of my Advil or something like that.

Of course I didn't find till after the fact that they recommend taking Claritin * before * starting Neupogen to counter bone pain. If you try that trick don't use the Claritin OTC....use regular Claritin and start it a couple/few days beforehand..

Other than that I just felt crappy in general...nothing that I could put my finger on.

- Matt
                  March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
                  March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
                  6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
                  LDH never fully normalized
                  Stage: IS
                  Watchful Waiting
                  May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
                  May 12th: started 3xBEP
                  Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
                  July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
                  August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
                  September 4th: Port removed
                  January 11th 2017: 2 & 1/2 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

So the Claritin definitely helped with the neupogen last week.
                    Officially started 3rd round yesterday. Getting headaches which is new.I
                    Ready to get this over with. Last day is Feb 14th.

Comment

Had follow up CT scans and there are no new masses or nodes. The one node that was 4.6cm is now 1.3cm. Tumor markers are negative. More blood work in 2 months, another CT in 3 months, node should continue to shrink. This is the best news I have gotten in quite some time now. Very cool.

Comment

Congrats mate!
                        24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
                        Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
                        Pre/o CT Clear
                        Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
                        Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
                        Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
                        Borderline stage 2B/3B
                        BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
                        CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

Awesome news, congrats, man!!

Comment

Hi Scott

Glad to hear that you're doing well. I'm going to be starting my treatment soon and it's always nice to see how others made it through theirs.

Comment

SCOTT~ congrats on CT sccan new!!!!
                              17 year old Grant dx 12/21/16
                              pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
                              pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
                              r/o 12/22/16
                              Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
                              PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
                              2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
                              BEP x 3
                              Tumor markers at start of Cycle 1 1/27/17 HCG 899.68 AFP 50.6
                              Tumor markers at start of Cycle 2 on 2/17/17 HCG 5.96 AFP 10.2
                              Tumor markers start of Cycle 3 on 3/10/17 HCG .6 AFP 3.2
                              POST Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm

Comment

Working...
                              X