Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe.shupe22
    started a topic Restlessness and figidy

Restlessness and figidy

With all the steroids they pump me full, it leaves me restless, figidy, agitated, its a truly awful feeling. But also extremely tired...but cant sleep. Anyone haveany secrets? Im going insane.

• Davepet
    replied
    This is another example of how it is impossible to predict the effect these drugs might have on any individual. I never had trouble sleeping during chemo, I had trouble staying awake. I drifted off most any time I was sitting down. A bit of insomnia would have been good.....

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• JoeTheAstronaut
    replied
    Sleeping pills helped, but the biggest thing was getting started early in the morning... Ask them to give you steroids as early in the day as possible along with chemo, that way by night it won't have as much effect on you!

Leave a comment:

• Daniel_Eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe.shupe22 View Post
    Im prescribed 2mg ativan and told to chew them. This doesnt even slow my heart rate down. Its just a horrible restless body thing. My heart rate is typically mid 70s but since chemo started its around 115. Noticeable and annoying. Im about desperate to find a good way to rest.

Yup, you can also put Ativan under your tongue and let them dissolve. People do this if they're having trouble keeping things down.

Leave a comment:

• GratefulGuy
    replied
    I tried melatonin when going through four rounds of EP but it didn't help me too much. My oncologist prescribed Ativan and a mild sleeping pill that I can't recall the name of. The Ativan didn't do much but that other blue pill worked wonders. With so many chemicals coursing through my system I figured one more wouldn't hurt and it didn't. Certainly helped keep my sanity during that process.

Leave a comment:

• Joe.shupe22
    replied
    Im prescribed 2mg ativan and told to chew them. This doesnt even slow my heart rate down. Its just a horrible restless body thing. My heart rate is typically mid 70s but since chemo started its around 115. Noticeable and annoying. Im about desperate to find a good way to rest.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel_Eye
    replied
    I take a couple of Ativan before bed. If I'm having a really rough day I'll do 10 mg of Ambien. I know a lot of doctors don't like to prescribe ambien but my PC understood my situation and gave me a small supply to take as needed. Just check with your oncology doc to make sure they're okay with it.

Leave a comment:

• RJKD
    replied
    My first recommendation would be Melatonin. You can try 3 mg. If that's doesn't work, go up to 6 mg.

Leave a comment:

• Zicarias
    replied
    I have found the only way I can sleep through the night since starting the chemo has been to take 5mg of melatonin before bed. It's a safe way to rest. My doctor also prescribed me Ativan to help with nausea and anxiety so maybe you can ask about that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X