• Show
Clear All

• markovitz
    started a topic just started 1xBEP

just started 1xBEP

Hello all,

I've just started my BEP cycle.
    So, first drop in my vein, there is no turning back now

I start with Etoposide, then cisplatin, then bleo (short in 100ml perfusion I guess).
    Around 4-5 hours.

• markovitz
    replied
    Hello all, I am so glad I am 4+ years cancer free and my life almost back to normal. Testosteron was close to low limit 3 years ago, never repeated, but I feel perfectly, high libido. I am probably infertile because my spermcount was very very low, but I have frozen for IVF, so I will use them when (if) time comes.

I also wanted to tell you that this week I had a real scare because of a raised hcg marker to 5.5 ! My oncologyst said this is almost impossible and calmed me and advised me to repeat the bloodtests, and I repeated the blood-tests next day to another two different labs and hcg is normal on both! I really felt an amazing joy and desire to live my life !

Indeed all this cancer stuff affected me mentally, It is a trauma. I felt it on every MRI / blood tests that I had to see / pickup in all these years. And now even after 4 years, I couldnt eat or think or move for these two days because of fear of relapse from this lab error... It was impossible for me to think that the lab result may be erronous.

I know that this is nothing compared to what others here have been through, and I admire all the fighters around here. It is so important to have hope and trust your doctors! Thank you all for all the information I read here that was very very useful for me! Indeed, fear is not gone, I am 37 yo, I will be stressed on every urologist exam and every MRI. But it is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    Glad you are doing ok

Leave a comment:

• markovitz
    replied
    I've just got my blood results. I am finally ok with my neutrofile levels and all that.

I am bald, mostly. I feel nothing bad yet. I may have some very mild neutropenia in my thumbs tip.

Leave a comment:

• Zicarias
    replied
    Mine started to go back up after the second week, slowly but they went up

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    Most every TC patient becomes neutropenic. After the 2nd Bleo counts should start to go back up. With BEPx3, my son lost his hair towards end of cycle 1.

Leave a comment:

• markovitz
    replied
    And when did your neutrophiles count started to grow ?

Leave a comment:

• Zicarias
    replied
    Glad you're on your last day! I finished 1xBEP about 3 weeks ago now and I'm essentially back to 100%. My hair did begin falling out rapidly towards the end of the last week of chemo so I shaved it to avoid looking patchy and sick. It's been three weeks since I stopped and it's only now starting to grow back and my facial hair is growing very slow. I only need to shave about twice a week. I too was neutropenic and needed IV antibiotics for a few days. It does get better, you're finished after all.

Leave a comment:

• markovitz
    replied
    Today was my last bleo day. I'm netrupenic right now, count 300 if I recall correctly. The wanted to postpone bleo, but I was against so they talked and finally I've got my shot. They also gave me antibiotics for 5 days. Everything was quite easy until now. Also, today my hair gives sign that it wants to fall off.

Leave a comment:

• markovitz
    replied
    My fourth and fifth days were about the same. I took the pills and magnesium, a little bit of nausea, but nothing very serious. I really do have appetite, the only "problem" is that what I eat once, I can't really eat it next day, but that's ok. Also, unsalty food is just not tasty. I'm glad that now I have the days when I can eat a salty cheese or something

Leave a comment:

• markovitz
    replied
    Originally posted by TC Mom View Post

I think they are being extra cautious with his kidneys.

Sounds like you and my son are both handling it about the same. He is on day 8 of this first cycle and breezing through. He still has no appetite, and is barely eating and is nauseous, but that is it.
    Zachary is a strong dude, I wish him well. It's perfect that they are extra cautious with his kidneys.

Leave a comment:

• TC Mom
    replied
    Originally posted by markovitz View Post

@TCMom, 6 hours of fluids.. I havn't received that much, but I guess it's ok. Anyway I tried to stay hydrated as much as I could.
    [/url]
    I think they are being extra cautious with his kidneys.

Sounds like you and my son are both handling it about the same. He is on day 8 of this first cycle and breezing through. He still has no appetite, and is barely eating and is nauseous, but that is it.

Leave a comment:

• markovitz
    replied
    day three was the same, some nausea, nothing much.

@TCMom, 6 hours of fluids.. I havn't received that much, but I guess it's ok. Anyway I tried to stay hydrated as much as I could.
    Here is the protocol for BEP, 5 day regime to whom it may concern: http://www.londoncanceralliance.nhs....tocol_v3.1.pdf

Leave a comment:

• TC Mom
    replied
    My son is 16 and just completed his first long week on Tuesday - so far just a lack of appetite and nausea for him.
    He got Bleo, Etoposide, then Cisplatin, followed by 6 hours of fluids - the Bleo was infused over 15 min.

Leave a comment:

• markovitz
    replied
    So far so good, with day two.

A little bit of nausea, some hiccups, bad smell, nothing bad. I took a metoclopramide, and that's it.
    So, I had yesterday Etoposide, Serum, Cisplatin, Glucoze/Serum? , and Potasium. I try to also stay hidrated, 2l of water/day + other liquids.
    The perfusion took about 6 hours with all the breaks going to toilet, etc. Of course, they administrated me Furosemide.

I cut my hair, and I must tell you that I was scarred as **** because I saw a brown stain on my temple. (I had longer hair before). It didn't look good to me, but I was thinking.. what are the odds... So I rushed to dermatology and they told me that i'm ok, no problem, some mild seborrheic keratosis that maybe I will remove when I'll be done with chemo.

I've just started the third day.
    Last edited by markovitz; 06-15-17, 05:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X