X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Davewdc,

The fog that I have is insane. I slept all day Saturday and a good part of Sunday. I made sure to be in bed by 9:30 even just to relax. I have been drinking a ton of water. I am going to pick up some gatorade tonight simply because I need a change of pace. Thankfully I have not had any issues with nausea(knock on wood). I have not taken any of the prescribed anit nausea pills.
    I love watching The Office on Netflix and this week is the Open Championship in Golf so I will be watching a lot of that too.

Comment

Hey Jkratz,

Glad to hear you are doing ok.

Day 1-4 was quite managble with little to no symptoms.

Day 5 and the subsequent weekend hit me hard. I had no energy and was fighting off nausea the entire time.

Untill last night I had no relief. Now I gotta go back for my bleomycin today. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Enjoy your break!

Comment

Jkratz and Jacob-
        Good to see y'all are handeling chemo pretty well so far. I'm currently in cycle three day 2 right now getting chemo as I'm sending this. I seemed to do an okay job with cycle 1 and cycle 2 by the end of the long week I was feeling pretty rough. But the short weeks haven't really been a problem for me so far.... hope everything goes well for you two!

Comment

Hi Jacob,

Sorry to hear about the nausea. I hope it gets better for you. Good luck today with getting the Bleo. I will be thinking about you buddy.

Comment

Hi MTS,

Thank you. I am glad to hear that you are doing good as well. I am doing my best with not letting this change life too much. I want to make this as easy as I can for my kids. The physical side affects I cannot do much about but if I can get in enough rest to still go out and coach my boys' baseball game they will have an easier time with all of it.. Keeping you in my thoughts too bud.

Comment

One thing I havent seen mentioned is make sure you eat. Almost all of my nausea was taken care of by eating small portions of food throughout the day and not letting my stomach become empty.

The worst part of chemo for me were the steroids. They made me insanely restless and anxious, to the point where I would drug myself into oblivion to actually sleep. Not the healthiest I'm sure but it was torture having such a restless body. I'm just now starting to find somewhat of a sleeping rhythm, however I still take 30mg of restiril every night to help. Its crazy how easily I can stay awake now at night no matter what I take. I am hopeful that I can establish good sleep patterns again soon.

It definitely helped me to have some type of project to tinker on if I was anxious. Listen to your body but try and be as active as you can. The worst days for me were saturday-wednesday after my long weeks.
              11/16- Pain/lump in R testicle 11/16- US finds multiple masses 11/16- Right I/O path multifocal largest nodule 2.1cm 100% EC with LVI/rete testis invasion. 12/16- Ct/markers normal stage 1b 12/16- Ct/markers normal 1/17- rplnd pN1 2 nodes 1.8/1.4 cm EC Stage IIA 2/20 ct/markers clear! 3/1/17 started androgel for low T 4/27/17 Relapsed. Multiple lymph nodes in mesentary and few nodes in retriperitoneum. Start 3x bep. Ct after 2nd cycle revealed all masses already resolved! Continue last cycle! 6/26/17 Finished 3x bep!

Comment

I concur with JOE, eating a little something, anything even junk food is okay during chemo. Hang in there!!!!
                Son Grant
                dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
                Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

Thanks for the tip about eating. I find that in the morning I feel very empty to the point where I can almost feel the first bite of breakfast actually hit my stomach like in a cartoon. lol. I have been making sure to eat at least three meals and a snack at night. My diet before this was a low carb. Mostly fats and proteins. I have added bread back for a meal just because I feel like it offers some comfort plus the carbs and sugars will help me fall asleep at night.

Comment

Hope the suggestion to eat smaller amounts more often if you can will help.
                    Son Grant
                    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
                    Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

How is everyone doing? I know I haven't posted in a while. I Start round 4 on Monday. It has been a strange ride. I had to get a shot of Leunasta after rounds 2 and 3. My white cell count was down to 2.5 from 5.2 and my ANC count was down to 0.7 from 3.0. They are now above 10 for the WC and the ANC is over 6. The only side effects I am having is ringing in my ears, which has gotten worse as the rounds went on. I seem to be more tired now which I was told would be the case, and I seem to have trouble sleeping towards the end of my two weeks off. It's probably stress thinking about the week on. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been thinking of you all.

Comment

Great to hear you're doing as well as could be expected! It's the steroids screwing with your sleep, once you're done it'll go away... Only one more to go and you're done!!!

Comment

Good to see you're almost finished with chemo! I'm just a little over a month out and I'm feeling close to normal..got the all clear two weeks ago! Hope all goes well the rest of the way!!

Comment

yeah, the steroids really messed with my sleep. I was very tired towards rounds 3 and 4, but had restless broken sleep because of them. I know i was counting the days or even hours the final round. Especially once my final infusions were complete, I knew the hardest couple days would be the ~4 days after my final infusions. Once I started feeling better it was a great feeling to be done, knowing that statistics are on your side that you are cured.

Coincidentally, I am 2 years post-chemo (also 4xEP) and just had labs/scans today, will find out the results in about 8 days (my oncologist is off next week). I'll update my thread/signature with the results once I get them. Obviously expecting all clears!
                            6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                            6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                            7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                            7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
                            10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                            10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                            4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                            4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                            9/18/2017 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Tomorrow is my last day of etoposide and cisplatin. I have just the short weeks coming up. I can't believe this is almost over

Comment

Yay!! You're almost there!!

Comment

Working...
                                X