X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Davewdc,

The fog that I have is insane. I slept all day Saturday and a good part of Sunday. I made sure to be in bed by 9:30 even just to relax. I have been drinking a ton of water. I am going to pick up some gatorade tonight simply because I need a change of pace. Thankfully I have not had any issues with nausea(knock on wood). I have not taken any of the prescribed anit nausea pills.
    I love watching The Office on Netflix and this week is the Open Championship in Golf so I will be watching a lot of that too.

Comment

Hey Jkratz,

Glad to hear you are doing ok.

Day 1-4 was quite managble with little to no symptoms.

Day 5 and the subsequent weekend hit me hard. I had no energy and was fighting off nausea the entire time.

Untill last night I had no relief. Now I gotta go back for my bleomycin today. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Enjoy your break!

Comment

Jkratz and Jacob-
        Good to see y'all are handeling chemo pretty well so far. I'm currently in cycle three day 2 right now getting chemo as I'm sending this. I seemed to do an okay job with cycle 1 and cycle 2 by the end of the long week I was feeling pretty rough. But the short weeks haven't really been a problem for me so far.... hope everything goes well for you two!

Comment

Hi Jacob,

Sorry to hear about the nausea. I hope it gets better for you. Good luck today with getting the Bleo. I will be thinking about you buddy.

Comment

Hi MTS,

Thank you. I am glad to hear that you are doing good as well. I am doing my best with not letting this change life too much. I want to make this as easy as I can for my kids. The physical side affects I cannot do much about but if I can get in enough rest to still go out and coach my boys' baseball game they will have an easier time with all of it.. Keeping you in my thoughts too bud.

Comment

One thing I havent seen mentioned is make sure you eat. Almost all of my nausea was taken care of by eating small portions of food throughout the day and not letting my stomach become empty.

The worst part of chemo for me were the steroids. They made me insanely restless and anxious, to the point where I would drug myself into oblivion to actually sleep. Not the healthiest I'm sure but it was torture having such a restless body. I'm just now starting to find somewhat of a sleeping rhythm, however I still take 30mg of restiril every night to help. Its crazy how easily I can stay awake now at night no matter what I take. I am hopeful that I can establish good sleep patterns again soon.

It definitely helped me to have some type of project to tinker on if I was anxious. Listen to your body but try and be as active as you can. The worst days for me were saturday-wednesday after my long weeks.
              11/16- Pain/lump in R testicle 11/16- US finds multiple masses 11/16- Right I/O path multifocal largest nodule 2.1cm 100% EC with LVI/rete testis invasion. 12/16- Ct/markers normal stage 1b 12/16- Ct/markers normal 1/17- rplnd pN1 2 nodes 1.8/1.4 cm EC Stage IIA 2/20 ct/markers clear! 3/1/17 started androgel for low T 4/27/17 Relapsed. Multiple lymph nodes in mesentary and few nodes in retriperitoneum. Start 3x bep. Ct after 2nd cycle revealed all masses already resolved! Continue last cycle! 6/26/17 Finished 3x bep!

Comment

I concur with JOE, eating a little something, anything even junk food is okay during chemo. Hang in there!!!!
                17 year old Grant dx 12/21/16
                pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
                pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
                r/o 12/22/16
                Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
                PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
                2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
                BEP x 3 1/27/17
                Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: pathlogy Teratoma , 3 large masses removed

Comment

Thanks for the tip about eating. I find that in the morning I feel very empty to the point where I can almost feel the first bite of breakfast actually hit my stomach like in a cartoon. lol. I have been making sure to eat at least three meals and a snack at night. My diet before this was a low carb. Mostly fats and proteins. I have added bread back for a meal just because I feel like it offers some comfort plus the carbs and sugars will help me fall asleep at night.

Comment

Hope the suggestion to eat smaller amounts more often if you can will help.
                    17 year old Grant dx 12/21/16
                    pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
                    pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
                    r/o 12/22/16
                    Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
                    PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
                    2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
                    BEP x 3 1/27/17
                    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: pathlogy Teratoma , 3 large masses removed

Comment

Working...
                    X