X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jkratz View Post
    How is everyone doing? I know I haven't posted in a while. I Start round 4 on Monday. It has been a strange ride. I had to get a shot of Leunasta after rounds 2 and 3. My white cell count was down to 2.5 from 5.2 and my ANC count was down to 0.7 from 3.0. They are now above 10 for the WC and the ANC is over 6. The only side effects I am having is ringing in my ears, which has gotten worse as the rounds went on. I seem to be more tired now which I was told would be the case, and I seem to have trouble sleeping towards the end of my two weeks off. It's probably stress thinking about the week on. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been thinking of you all.
    In my case my anc was 0.4 and they gave me the option to wait an extra week instead of getting neupogen. We did this between round one and two as well as before round 3. Both times the WBC came up on its own to about 3.6.

I have pretty bad nuorpathy in my hands and ringing in my ears as well as hearing loss in the higher frequencies.

I just finished the last of the etoposide and cisplatin with still 2 more bleos to go. I just need to get past the next week since it's always rough after the long week.

I am thrilled we are at this point already. Keep fighting and stay strong

Comment

Hi JKratz, I also had issues with my WBC having done 3 X BEP I had to put off my last weeks bleo infusion to let the WBCs rejuvenate. It happens to most of us. If you can, you should try to go for walks here and there, don't over do it just get out to a local track or maybe around your neighborhood for a few miles. It is good to sweat out all the **** trapped inside of you. Make sure to keep hand sanitizer around since your WBCs are low you don't want to risk getting sick...that could be a disaster. I hope the rest of your treatment sails by.

Best of Luck,
      Daniel

Comment

Hello everyone. My son is 29 years old and has his first oncology apt Friday to set the plan in motion for his Chemo. I'm going to print out some of the comments here for him to read. I think they might help him with any fears he may have going forward with this. I thank all of you here, I feel like your my life line.

Comment

Hello everyone. My son is 29 years old and has his first oncology apt Friday to set the plan in motion for his Chemo. I'm going to print out some of the comments here for him to read. I think they might help him with any fears he may have going forward with this. I thank all of you here, I feel like your my life line.

Comment

Working...
          X