Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jkratz
    • Jul 2017

No worries Pwsuba. I hope you have a good turnout with your relapse.

Thank you dustumor. Luckily I have not had any issues with nausea during EP and TIP. I hope it gets better for you and you have a good prognosis.
    2/16 - Right Orch Orchiectomy which turned out to be Germ Cell Tumor PT1
    6/17 - Two Para-Aortic nodes showed on CT Scan. Renal Vein 1.6 x 1.4 / Renal Cava 2.5 x 2.4
    7/17 - Started 4 x EP
    9/17 - Completed 4 x EP
    9/17 - CT Scan both nodes have returned to normal size.
    12/17 - CT Scan both nodes still normal size.
    4/18 - Ct Scan shows Precaval abutting third segment duodenum 1.6 x 1.5 x 1.7 & Retrocaval 1.2 x 0.8 x 0.7
    4/18 - Biopsy confirmed still Germ Cell Tumor
    6/18 - Started TIP Inpatient @ MSKCC
    8/18 - Scan showed nodes now 1.5 x 1.2 cm, previously 1.6 x1.2 cm &
    has nearly resolved, previously 1.6 x 1.4 cm
    Previously measured precaval nodes have both resolved
    9/24 - No recurrent retroperitoneal adenopathy. Residual retrocaval node measures 1.0 x 0.7 cm, unchanged.

Comment

• Jkratz
      • Jul 2017

Sorry I have not been posting since my chemo ended. It has been a struggle mentally waiting for scan results. My first week off I have regular checkups and also receive hydration. While at Sloan's Kimmell location I passed out and hit my head as a result on the floor. My oxygen was at 85 and they could not get it any higher without 3 liters of oxygen. Right away Dr. Funt thought I had Pulmonary Embolism in my lungs. Turns out he was correct. I have small clots in my lower branches which turns out to be common especially with having 4xEP and TIP totaling 40 treatments in just 51 weeks. I m a on Xarelto now and am doing well.

They decided to do the CT scan at the same time to limit the amount of contrast by doing another scan after the two weeks off. There were 2 nodes that popped back up on my scan from April. The one had completely resolved and the other shrunk from 1.6 x 1.2 to 1.5 x 1.2. Dr. Funt wants me to see Dr. Sheinfeld to discuss the possibility of having an RPLND surgery.

I had another scan on the the 24th of September and the node that was previously 1.5 x 1.2 is now 1.0 x 0.7. I see Dr. Sheinfeld this Thursday the 4th. Dr.Funt doesn't think the RPLND will be necessary but he also told me that of course Dr. Sheinfeld will weigh in on what he feels is best for me. I am happy that the chem seems to have worked. I will update after my visit on Thursday.

Thank you to everyone for your posts, all of the positive words and knowing what to expect from others makes it easier.
      6/17 - Two Para-Aortic nodes showed on CT Scan. Renal Vein 1.6 x 1.4 / Renal Cava 2.5 x 2.4
      7/17 - Started 4 x EP
      9/17 - Completed 4 x EP
      4/18 - Ct Scan shows Precaval abutting third segment duodenum 1.6 x 1.5 x 1.7 & Retrocaval 1.2 x 0.8 x 0.7
      9/24 - No recurrent retroperitoneal adenopathy. Residual retrocaval node measures 1.0 x 0.7 cm, unchanged.

Comment

• Jkratz
        • Jul 2017

Back to active surveillance. No surgery needed. Such a relief. Thank you all again for the posts.
        7/17 - Started 4 x EP
        9/17 - Completed 4 x EP

Comment

• Trekga
          • Jan 2017

Great news! So sorry for your rough journey.
          Son Grant
          dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
          Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
          2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
          Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
          X