Anyone stop Bleo part way through BEP x3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MG007
    • Aug 2017

Anyone stop Bleo part way through BEP x3?

They stopped it at week 4 over some signs of reduced lung function, about ready to start week 3 of EP, it sounds like they are leaning towards just doing that with a CT scan 3 weeks later and depending on that possibly a fourth cycle of EP
  • Trekga
    • Jan 2017

Some on here have stopped BEP and moved onto EP. Hoping they chime in soon. Sorry your lung function decreased. Hang in there!!!
    Son Grant
    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

Did you get all the bleo in week4? Normally they go with the 4th round of EP when bleo is stopped, I don't know if I'd be comfortable with any less.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• highland850
        • Sep 2016

Our son-in-law lost a good bit of lung function, so the onc. wanted to do his last cycle w/ no bleo, and no EP because he was having serious tinnitus. We were very concerned about it.We emailed Dr. Einhorn and gave him the CT report from before chemo. Dr. Einhorn said that in SIL's case, he did not think missing the last 2 bleo would be a problem. SIL took steroids for cough and by the time he finished the steroids, his lung function and hearing were back to normal.Next scan will be early Sept. So far,so good! AND they are expecting their first child in March!!
        I highly recommend that you contact Dr. Einhorn regarding your specific case. He responds quickly and is a very kind man. Good luck!

Comment

• MG007
          • Aug 2017

I'm new on this site, what's the easiest way to get the contact info for dr. Einhorn?

Comment

• highland850
            • Sep 2016

[email protected] Good luck! Let us know what he says!

Comment

• MG007
              • Aug 2017

He was very helpful and agreed with the regimen followed by CT scan to evaluate the need for lymph node surgery

Comment

• Trekga
                • Jan 2017

Glad you reached out to Dr. E., keep us updated.
                Son Grant
                dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
                X