Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Hair loss during Chemotherapy

Hello everyone,

Diagnosed with EC and I have undergone First cylce of BEP.
    Started 1st Sept and completed on 20th Sept.
    Since hair fall started same day I got my head shaved.

Second cylce planned to start by Oct 28th.

Even though I am aware of hair loss during Chemo, its really hard and awkward to watch over mirror.

My doubt is will hair again starts falling during end of 2nd cylce Chemo? Should I shave off again?

It's really difficult explaining others about the reason for head shave and about no hair growth for longer timeπŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

Unfortunately, I would expect your hair to fall out. Perhaps you could say you shaved it for breast cancer awareness month in October if you don't want to mention your diagnosis. For November you could say you are doing the opposite of No Shave November and by then people will just think you are keeping to shaving it for a while.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Why is there such a large span between cycles? Normally I'd expect 2nd cycle to begin on Sept 27? I lost my hair sometime after week 2 & was bald until some time after week 9, I can't recall how long after. Most folks I knew were aware I was getting chemo, folks I didn't know probably assumed I was just bald, I think
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
        Why is there such a large span between cycles? Normally I'd expect 2nd cycle to begin on Sept 27? I lost my hair sometime after week 2 & was bald until some time after week 9, I can't recall how long after. Most folks I knew were aware I was getting chemo, folks I didn't know probably assumed I was just bald, I think
        Hi Dave,
        Sept 1-4 - Hospitalization
        Sept 10th - Bleo inj
        Sept 17th - Bleo inj
        Second Chemo planned from Oct 28th

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Unfortunately, I would expect your hair to fall out. Perhaps you could say you shaved it for breast cancer awareness month in October if you don't want to mention your diagnosis. For November you could say you are doing the opposite of No Shave November and by then people will just think you are keeping to shaving it for a while.

Mike
          Hello Mike,
          Didn't expect this kind of epic answer πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†
          Will answer this way to someone question!!

Comment

Originally posted by Micky3092 View Post

Hi Dave,
            Sept 1-4 - Hospitalization
            Sept 10th - Bleo inj
            Sept 17th - Bleo inj
            Second Chemo planned from Oct 28th
            Again, that is an abnormally long time between the end of 1st treatment cycle & beginning of 2nd, normally 2nd cycle should normally have started already.
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Glad you liked the possible response.

I too would be concerned as I am not familiar with this kind of delay between cycles of chemotherapy. I would have expected round two to start the week after the last bleomycin injection on 9/17.

Mike
              Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
              06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
              06.26.06 Left I/O
              06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
              06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
              Surveillance...
              Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
              6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Working...
              X