X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleomycin (heartburn and leg aches??)

my husband got his Bleo shot today and we kind of knew what to expect from the last shot. He had a lot of leg pain. He couldn't really describe it other than saying that his knees had a DEEP ache, and he woulld get shortness of breath without warning.
    Today the shortness of breath is still come and go, but the leg ache's are much worse, along with much worse headaches,
    I was thinking this isn't really normal?? I heard the Bleo does some crazy stuff, and some people's doc have even taken the last rounds of Bleo off because they're too harsh..
    guess we're going to be bringing this up in our meeting next week. any thoughts?
    can't thnk of a way to keep him comfy...tried a heating pad for his knees.. nothing.
    Taking it day by day, may take time... but you'll get there

mass found R-test.(Ultrasound) Right orchiectomy
    Husband diagnosed TC 07/21/09
    2 lymphnodes found in abdomen (4.3x2.8 and 2.4x2.0)
    Small lymphnode lower chest (1.4x.1.1)
    brain scan clear
    staging: T1 NX MX
    4XBEP started 08/17/09 HCG-57,162 / LDH-1167
    ~~~~~~
    Tumor markers normal 11/25/09
    Scans show 3 lymphs in ab. about 1.8mm
    RPLND 01/15/10

If the discomfort is severe, do not wait till next week, call in now:

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
    Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); changes in vision; cough; fever, chills, confusion, or wheezing; lightheadedness; numbness of an arm or leg; one-sided weakness; pain, redness, or swelling at injection site; severe stomach pain; sharp or crushing chest pain; slurred speech; sudden leg pain; sudden, severe headache, vomiting, dizziness, or fainting; sudden shortness of breath.

Quote above from here
    Best,

Zsolt

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another; "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S Lewis

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

Mass found 11/20/08
    Left I/O 11/25/08
    Pathology: Seminoma, Stage 1
    Surveillance: All Clear since

Comment

Patrick has had the same type of reactions to every bleo shot. Extreme soreness in his legs, and heartburn. He says that his legs are weak and sore, like the day after running all day. They prescribed protonix for the heartburn. It turned out that his potassium and magnesium were low, which is common for bleo to suck it out of you. So, that accounts for a lot of the soreness. I usually make him eat a banana or two, or a potato, on bleo days.
      But, yeah, if you would characterize it as "severe" call your on-call nurse. I call all the time for all kinds of dumb stuff. It never hurts to call!
      Kat
      sigpic_______________________________________________
      Caregiver
      DX 5/15/09
      Left orchiectomy 5/22/09
      60% embryonal, 40% seminoma, w/ VI, LI, T2 (CS-IB)
      CTs clear, X-rays clear, blood markers normal
      L-RPLND 7/14/09, San Antonio
      3 nodes positive, 100% embryonal, N1 (PS-IIA)
      2 rounds BEP August 24, 2009, Austin
      Enlarged lymph nodes Oct 09, Dec 09, Jan 10, Apr 10
      All clear 10/01/10

Comment

normal! no worries there, ive had shortness of breath sitting in bed, a nose bleed here n there, and some bad back pain from the nulasta shots.
        Philip J.

Comment

The bleo doesn't seem to have any effect on me.

Just had my last shot today - I feel the same as I felt before. Same for my other previous shots.

Same with the Neupogen shots - no side effects of any kind.

At least I've been lucky with something!

Comment

Working...
          X