Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITGCN: Present

Hey friends,

Does anyone know what this means, it's something I've noticed on my histology report. I was researching it, and found this article;

It is the testicular equivalent of carcinoma in situ. Fifty percent of patients with intratubular germ cell neoplasia will develop an invasive tumour in 5 years.

What exactly does this mean? Can anyone shed a light on this please?

Regards,
    Dan

Dan,
    You probably also found that ITGCN is an early stage of seminoma or embroyonal. I checked your other thread with the path report and saw that you have pure seminoma. In your case, they spotted cells just outside the main tumour that were still mutating. If you just had ITGCN cells, it means you would have a 50% chance of developing a full-blown TC within 5 years. But since you obviously had a whopper of a tumour, it's a moot point. The more important part of the path report is that it appears the tumor was confined.
    Paul
    "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
    Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

Also, ITGCN (intratubular germ cell neoplasia) is always found in TC specimens since those are the cells where the disease originates.
      "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
      11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
      12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Working...
      X