X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ... Stage IIIB

So was diagnosed a few weeks ago and had my Orchiectomy mid August. Biopsy shows its non seminoma ... Choriocarcinoma 35%, Teratoma 65% and yolk sack 5%. It has spread to abdominal Lymph's and up to chest Lymph's and potential in lung (ct scan was not decisive on lung based on tumor location) good news is brain MRI is clear. Suffice to say the last few weeks have been crazy, and tomorrow I start my 1st BEP cycle of 4. Any advice on how to keep sane going forward ?! 44 years old here ....

Sorry to have to welcome you, but glad you found us.

All I can suggest is to take one step at a time & keep moving. You've got a fight on your hands, but it's beatable, always keep that thought in your head.

If you have any questions, ask away. Someone here will likely have an answer. Please keep us posted on your progress,

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks Dave ... Started Chemo this week and no doubt re worst
      Is yet to come. One thing I would say based on what I have seen is get a port whenever possible.... Seeing people fight for IV is not pretty and looks uncomfortable for the patient. So glad I was able to have one... Making life easier already during a hard time.

John.

Comment

Working...
      X