Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well rescan has been completed. It did not shrink, but it also did not grow, which is good news. And my tumor markers have stayed in the proper range. Met with the surgeon yesterday who is recommending RPLND. I am scheduled for June 6th. It is going to be done robotically by Dr. Erik Castle at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona. Has anyone else had this done robotically? From what I understand it has come a long way in the past 10 years. I have read case studies done by this surgeon in regards to the robotic RPLND and am confident he can do what is needed for me. Has anyone else had this done in Arizona? Or perhaps by the same surgeon? If so can you share your experience? As always thanks for the responses.

Comment

Well RPLND was completed last Tuesday. They pulled out 26 lymph nodes, 25 all clear, and one with teratoma. Officially heard the words cancer free! Just wanted to stop back by and thank everyone who responded too me and for all the other posts that helped me through these last 9 months!

Comment

Congrats Driest, 26 nodes is a whole bunch but it's good that they pulled out as many as they could. Actually, I think that's quite a high number given that it was done robotically and they got some Teratoma out which made it worth it. I got my all clear a couple weeks ago and now I'm just waiting for my hair to grow. Enjoy your summer and I hope your wedding goes as planned!

Best,
        Daniel

Comment

Thanks Daniel! Congrats on your all clear as well!

Comment

Working...
          X