Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second opinion pathology report confirmed pure seminoma with synciotrophoblastic elements (which are responsible for elevated HCG). lymphovascular invasion identified.

My post op blood work was coded incorrectly before being sent to the lab so they had to redraw. Good news is it came back normal!

I have not met with oncologist yet but based on nccn panel recommendations I am leaning towards observation.

Testosterone blood work showed 15 ng/dl. Since it was so low they were worried about pituitary tumor but blood work ruled that out. So I am trying to figure out whether to use local compounder or go with Testim since that is the only thing covered by insurance. But really the price is about the same with my crappy insurance coverage.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks guys!!!
    2/2017 - diagnosed with stage Ib seminoma with lymphovascular invasion. 3.5 cm.
    3/2017 - surveillance - based on advise of Dr. Einhorn. Also based on this abstract: http://meetinglibrary.asco.org/record/128101/abstract
    6/1/2017 - All Clear!
    10/6/2017 - All Clear!

Comment

I was not fond of testim because of it's peculiar odor, neither was my wife. It was effective though. I'm certain your insurance will cover injections, & they have been working OK for me since my work insurance changed last year & no longer covers topicals.Compounded TRT sounds good in theory, but hard to know for sure what you are getting. It could easily change a bit from one Rx to the next, depending on how accurately everything is measured. I never felt comfortable with the concept. If you go that route, let us know how it works out.

Dave
      Last edited by Davepet; 03-22-17, 03:16 PM.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Wanted to post an update. Just received results from first scans and blood work while on surveillance. All clear!

Also, I have decided to go with compound testosterone. My insurance only covers Testim and the smell and stickiness of it makes it a no go.
        2/2017 - diagnosed with stage Ib seminoma with lymphovascular invasion. 3.5 cm.
        3/2017 - surveillance - based on advise of Dr. Einhorn. Also based on this abstract: http://meetinglibrary.asco.org/record/128101/abstract
        6/1/2017 - All Clear!
        10/6/2017 - All Clear!

Comment

Working...
        X