Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driven2tri24
    started a topic New guy..

New guy..

Hi everyone! Navy guy here y diagnosed 3/24/17 with stage III-a TC (non-seminoma mixed germ cell) identified as embryional and choriocarcinoma). I'm currently at the VA Hosp. starting my 3rd cycle of BEP. Had one side of lymph nodes enlarged and two tumors in the 3-4cm range along spine/aorta and down to bladder on first CT/PET. Testicles were clear Ultrasound/MRI/CT so no I/O. In < 2 weeks waiting for biopsy from VA & Hopkins it spread from just one side of my lymph nodes to both and my lungs. Markers prior to 1st cycle were HCG:103,980, LDH:435, AFP:19.9..
    Going into my 2nd cycle the HCG number dropped to 148. The VA doctors seem willing to to talk to others so I've left a message trying to setup a consult with Dr. Einhorn to ensure this is the right approach, as some say 3xBEP and they want to do 4XBEP then RPLND...

Any advice is appreciated...

• MamaAng
    replied
    Just read your whole thread and am happy to read your last post!! Hooray for observation!!!! Here's to 2018 being a healthy year!!!

Leave a comment:

• driven2tri24
    replied
    New CT scan came back and 6mm nodule is no longer identifiable. Other nodules are stable and markers are normal. I'm meeting Oncologist, Urologist and Thoracic surgeons this week to discuss the monitoring plan going forward
    Thanks for everyone's advice on here, you guys are great!

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    Glad things are not showing any cancer on Ct and MRI. Whew!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• driven2tri24
    replied
    CT & MRI results came back clean of cancer. There is a postoperative lymphocele(5.5cm X 4cm) and a small umbilical hernia noted, but the rest is good. MRI shows Mild FLAIR changes in the brain likely remote insult or early chronic microvascular ischemia but other than that the same as my last one.

The thoracic surgeon thinks the best option is to wait and look at the new 6mm nodule in 2 months given the fact my markers are normal. If the new 6mm nodule has grown by then he will just remove it as well as the stable 3mm one.

I plan on updating Dr. Einhorn following my conversation with my Oncologist sometime today when she calls to make her recommendations.

Mike, that sounds like a solid contingency plan and I'll mention it to my Dr.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    3 mm and 6 mm lung nodules are still very small, especially if your abdominal CT is clean. I am not sure I would be too overly anxious about them at this point although the wait and see is never easy. If they do decide that they need to go in in a few months, then I would run things past Dr. Einhorn. I would specifically ask if they could do one side and if that pathology correlates to the other side. However, that is a ways down the road so no need to jump the gun yet. Let us know what the CT and MRI say.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• driven2tri24
    replied
    Ct was yesterday, today MRI and met thoracic surgeon. He wants to wait and look at it again when we do next monitoring CT scan in a couple months and include chest as well. If it's larger we'll go in and remove the 2 of them, if same we just continue to monitor. Waiting for CT/MRI results tomorrow or next day.

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    Nxet week! Wishing you the best. Update when you are able.

Leave a comment:

• driven2tri24
    replied
    CT is set for 9/25 & Surgeon Consultation 9/26...MRI isn't until Oct 17.

Leave a comment:

• driven2tri24
    replied
    VA called to schedule appointment for Thoracic Surgeon to discuss removing the 3mm & the new 6mm nodules. They want to go in and remove them/identify them with patholgy..
    They also want a CT of my abdomen still and MRI of head.

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    Glad Dr. E was reasuring. Anxiety really impacts those with TC, and caregivers! Don't forget to update us next month.

Leave a comment:

• driven2tri24
    replied
    Spoke with Dr. E and feel a lot better. Considering the markers are still absent I'm definitely not too convinced it's new cancer but I definitely would like to know what it is because it's kind of the "wrench" in my equation of success at this point....

Leave a comment:

• biwi
    replied
    Good luck! Stress can induce some things, see if you can get yourself doing something to relieve stress. Books, exercising, walking, etc whatever works for you.

Leave a comment:

• Trekga
    replied
    DRIVEN~ Wow! You have been through some stuff- glad no live cancer was found. Please update us after next MRI & CT Scan next month. Hope you are healing okay.

Leave a comment:

• driven2tri24
    replied
    Accessed my medical records today and found out the previously reported 3.0 value was a mistake by doctor reading it to me. The 3.0 was the normal range and the result of my test was actually <1.0 on 8/28.
    They took my markers again on 9/15 following my CT scan on 14th because they found a NEW 6mm nodule in my other lung(although the 3mm Met remained same size as well as all other resolved Mets). The markers were again BHCG <1.0, AFP 2.1, LDH 190....so a bit confused what this 6mm nodule is....
    Despite markers being good.....They also want to do another MRI of my Head and CT scan of abdomen/chest on Oct 14th & 15th. The MRI is due to stabbing pains I'm having between my left temple and eye and they are concerned it could be something related. The CT is to look for other possible Mets post chemo...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X