X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member to the club

Hi there just got back from the Urologist today and i have TC in my left testicle the tumor has taken over the testicle and there is a slight chance i have it my right testicle so surgery is booked for this Tuesday and having both removed i am having a CT scan tomorrow told the doctor i am going to beat this and he agreed he said you might need some chemotherapy but you will beat it just a long road ahead so now just working on my mindset to try and think positive any advice would be grateful thanks

Also if i do need chemotherapy how long after surgery can you start it and is it really has bad as i have read

Comment

So some encouraging news today i had my Chest and Pelvic and Abdomen CT scan w/wo contrast and got the results the chest is all clear and the Pelvic and Abdomen no significant mass i have still have the surgery on Tuesday to remove both Testicles but things are looking more positive

Comment

That is very encouraging news. Best of luck for the surgery. It should be fine.
        Nick

Embryonal Carcinoma; Seminoma. Marker negative.
        August 2001: Right I/O .
        August - December 2001: Surveillance .
        December 2001: Relapse - Stage III. Mets in lymph nodes and lung.
        December 2001 - March 2002: 3xBEP .
        Complications: Neutropaenic sepsis during cycles 1 & 3. I/V antibiotics and isolation.

March 2012 - Ten years since finishing chemo.

Survivorship Blog is here

Comment

Scotty - are you on a TRT regime? With both being removed, you should be. DZ

Jan 2009: RHS (Seminoma) & RT
          Mar 2010: LHS (Embryonal Carcinoma)
          Sep 2010: Relapse & 3 x BEP
          Mar 2015: Five years "nut free"
          http://doublezeroami.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry to have to welcome you. I've always thought having TC in both testicles is extremely rare, and probably more so to have them at the same time. What explanation did they give for suspecting cancer in the second testicle?

Are you being treated at a TC center of excellence or by someone with TC experience? I'd hate to see you unnecessarily lose both testicles, but if it's needed it's needed.
            26 Cleveland, OH
            3/01/17 - Found lump on right testicle
            4/21/17 - Went to ER. 4x3.7x2.5 cm tumor in right testicle
            4/22/17- Pre/op LDH 194, AFP 41, HCG 46, CT scan clear, X-ray clear
            4/27/17 - Right I/O. Non-seminoma with LVI. 70% EC, 20% Yolk Sac, 10% Teratoma
            5/16/17 - Markers normalize, CT clear. Stage 1B
            5/22/17 - Start 1xBEP

Comment

I have been dealing with my Urologist who has been great gone through everything step by step he shown me my MRI and he said the right one also showing signs of a tumor he gave the the option to just have the left one out only but he recommended i have both out he said i might need a little chemo i will probably need testosterone replacement therapy but the cancer should be gone which is all i care about. And DoubleZero what does DZ mean thanks

Comment

SCOTTY88~ Sorry to welcome you here. I have only heard of removal of a testis if u/s shows solid mass. So both of yours show a solid mass via CT Scan?
                17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
                pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
                pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
                r/o 12/22/16
                Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
                PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
                2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
                BEP x 3 1/27/17
                Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Yeah it looked that way but the CT scan w/wo contrast showed no cancer anywhere else everything was clear so should recover ok. Family wise me and the wife were finished with having more kids so its just a small price to pay to watch my kids grow up.

Comment

DoubleZero they said i would need TRT

Comment

Originally posted by scotty808 View Post
                      i will probably need testosterone replacement therapy but the cancer should be gone which is all i care about. And DoubleZero what does DZ mean thanks
                      First, there is no "probably" about it, you WILL need TRT for the rest fof your life after losing both guys. As long as your T levels stay within range, you will not notice any differences.

Second, is the doc sure you have it in both? Do you have a copy of the U/S report? If so, please post the results word for word. It is indeed very unusual to get it in both testicles at the same time.

Dave
                      Last edited by Davepet; 06-09-17, 07:16 PM.
                      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

There was nothing in the Ultasound but he did show me the MRI on the screen and he shown a little mass in the right one he conferred with his other colleagues they though it was the right course of action

Comment

The U/S found nothing?? in either testicle?

Dave
                          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

So what happened i never had any pain or noticed any swelling until one Friday night just over 5 weeks ago i was sat on the couch and i turned on my side and got this shooting pain in my left testicle and i went to the bathroom and noticed my left testicle had swelled up so i googled it and the advice was to go to the ER and get it checked out which i did they did an ultrasound and they told me it was an infection and gave me antibiotics and to follow up with an Urologist which i did i had an appointment the next week he took a look at the ultrasound and thought it was still an infection and gave me different antibiotics and he wanted me to get a blood test which i did and then i went again to see the Urologist again a week later he said the blood test was fine and he thought it was still an infection but to double check he wanted me to get a pelvic MRI w/wo contrast so i had that done a few days later he called me to say that it was inconclusive but it did rule out infection and he wanted me to get another blood test which i did so Wednesday of this week he called me to say he wanted to see me and i said when he said today that did not sound good so i went to see him and he told me my LD and AFT was in range but my HCG was elevated i said how elevated he said the normal is 4 to 5 mine was 234 that is when the doctors went back to the MRI and decided what the best course of action was.i had a Pelvic + Abdomen + Chest CT w/wo contrast yesterday afternoon and later that day he called with the good news that it was all clear no cancer anywhere.

Comment

The elevated HCG is a near 100% indicator of TC, but MRI is not typically used for diagnosis. Quite frankly a scrotal ultrasound is the typical method which would conclusively show a tumor or not. Again, I would seek a second opinion from an experienced urological oncologist before I had surgery on both, however time is of the essence so I would do so ASAP. The reason is if it is TC you should have the orchiectomy very soon to obtain the pathology report and hopefully stop growth given your CT scans were clear.
                              26 Cleveland, OH
                              3/01/17 - Found lump on right testicle
                              4/21/17 - Went to ER. 4x3.7x2.5 cm tumor in right testicle
                              4/22/17- Pre/op LDH 194, AFP 41, HCG 46, CT scan clear, X-ray clear
                              4/27/17 - Right I/O. Non-seminoma with LVI. 70% EC, 20% Yolk Sac, 10% Teratoma
                              5/16/17 - Markers normalize, CT clear. Stage 1B
                              5/22/17 - Start 1xBEP

Comment

Working...
                              X