Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCOTTY88~ glad to hear you are doing okay!
    17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
    pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
    pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
    r/o 12/22/16
    Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
    PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
    2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
    BEP x 3 1/27/17
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty808 View Post
      We're going through the TRT options tomorrow but apart from the obvious pain I am doing pretty good guys
      They should have sorted out the TRT before surgery, not after. Do not allow them to put this off, I went two weeks without TRT after #2 came out & I can tell you, it starts geting unpleasant by the end of the first week.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Started with TRT gels today

Comment

Glad to hear it, let us know how it's workingfor you.

Dave

Comment

TRT gels seem to be working well. I got my pathology results back and it showed seminoma was found in both testicles but with no signs of any invasion anywhere else i had a blood test last week and my HCG level has dropped from 232 all the way down to 7 and i am having another blood test done today and my Urologist thinks it would have dropped even more in a week

Comment

Here's what the Testicular Cancer Resource Centerictionary has to say about hcg:
              Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG), beta subunit - In adults, significant elevation of levels of beta HCG occurs only during pregnancy and in patients with trophoblastic neoplasms or nonseminomatous germ cell tumors. As a result, it is used as a tumor marker. Essentially, 100 per cent of patients with trophoblastic tumors and 40-60 per cent of patients with nonseminomatous germ cell tumors, including all patients with choriocarcinoma, 80% of patients with embryonal carcinoma, and 10-25% of patients with pure seminoma are diagnosed with elevated levels of beta HCG. The serum half life of beta hCG is 24 to 36 hours, which implies that elevated concentrations should return to normal within 5 to 7.5 days after surgery if all tumor is removed. Please note that the normal HCG level is usually less than 5 miu/ml. Also note that the HCG level can become elevated (falsely positive) due to abnormally low levels of testosterone or because of marijuana use.
              So technically, you doc is correct it probably should have dropped a bit more, but it has gone quite low and I wouldn't plan on additional treatment just yet, you are very close to normal & I'd want to see a rise before making any assumptions.

Dave

Comment

Latest blood tests results it has dropped into the normal range it is now 5 the only problem i am having is i still have constipation and a couple of inches above and to left of my left incision i have a mild abdomen pain any thoughts

Comment

Are you still taking pain meds? They can cause constipation. I would not be concerned about mild abdominal pain a few weeks post surgery, healing takes time.

Dave

Comment

Dave is correct, healing takes time, there is often some pain, and strange feelings around the incision site and in the scrotal area too (per my son). Glad your tumor markers have normalized- that is good news. I know IU will not tx with chemo unless markers rise if there is no acitivity in lymph nodes.
                    r/o 12/22/16

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
                    BEP x 3 1/27/17
                    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Well the constipation got real bad so i went to the ER yesterday the did a CT scan and they said it was clear but the doc did say the lymph nodes looked a little inflamed but he did say that could be down to the surgery and they gave me some prescription stool softeners and i have managed to go to the bathroom i see my Oncologist for the 1st time on the 19th July

Comment

Just a quick update was at the Oncologist yesterday so she confirmed my stage was s1 and with the pathology and blood work being good we are doing observation

Comment

Wishing you the best! Keep us updated.
                          r/o 12/22/16

BEP x 3 1/27/17

Comment

Working...
                          X