X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nish115 View Post
    LDH isn't the best marker. For stage 1 patients there are some doctors who never check it, especially in America, so I wouldn't be worried about it. It can be risen by a lot of things as it's to do with cell degeneration and repair etc. Also test ranges vary hugely from country to country, if not hospitals.
    Thank you for that clarification. I only ever heard about it on this forum.

Comment

Got back from the biopsy and now we wait.

From the CT report:
      There has been interval development of a left periaortic lymph node measuring 1.0 X 1.3 cm

There is also interval enlargement of a right common iliac lymph node. Which measures 1.4x1.5 cm previously 0.7x0.8

Does this sound like a normal progression for tc?

Comment

So relapse is confirmed. Meeting with the doctor today to discuss treatment options.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
          So relapse is confirmed. Meeting with the doctor today to discuss treatment options.

Sorry to hear about your relapse. Were they able to identify from the biopsy that it was seminoma? I have been weary of pathology reports with testicular cancer because it's rare and I don't think they see it often.
          April 2017 - Scheduled physical with DR for testicular pain / ultrasound scheduled
          May 2017 - US shows 3 solid masses 1.2 x 0.7 x 0.7 cm/0.8 x 0.5 x 0.8 cm/ 0.4 x 0.3 x 0.4 cm
          June 2017 - Left inguinal exploration and left radical orchiectomy. Pathology - Seminoma, classic type and intratubular germ no neoplasia - seminomatous. CT scan shows 2 long nodules (most likely granulomas) and Borderline prominent but non specific mesenteric nodes within the right lower quadrant.
          July 2017 - 2nd CT scan all clear! Lung nodules stable. Active surveillance 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz View Post

Sorry to hear about your relapse. Were they able to identify from the biopsy that it was seminoma? I have been weary of pathology reports with testicular cancer because it's rare and I don't think they see it often.

Yes. The biopsy came back that it is seminoma,

Comment

3x BEP For me

Comment

Best of luck with your chemo, man!! It's not fun, but you can do it... Take care

Comment

Thank you Joe

Comment

Working...
                  X