Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

While I have seen some mention of MRI's being used, it seems pretty uncommon. I have no knowledge of how useful they might be for TC imaging.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      • Apr 2008

Some European countries use MRI but they are also in more centralized centers with specific protocols for the MRI and radiologists that have a lot of experience in monitoring them for retroperitoneal disease. Outside of a clinical trial I would personally rather have CT than MRI.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• 9formula6z
        • Sep 2017

Thanks guys for your feedback and information! Now I continue to wait until the next appointment where I suspect I'll be getting a CT scan. Hopefully the approval for it goes faster then the PET and I can get in sooner. Thanks again!
        DX 5/16/2017
        L I/O 5/16/2017
        AFP 51 HCG- always below 10 LDH- always below 200
        Primary tumor- PT2
        Staged at IB.

PET and CT scans showed possible lymph node enlargement and "hot" nodes but markers never increased.

All CT scans to current have not shown an increase in lymph node size.

8/16/2018- HCG and LDH All within normal range- AFP dropped further to 1.1.

Comment

• 9formula6z
          • Sep 2017

So today, running a few minutes late to my appointment, I get there and find my Dr has left 10 minutes before my scheduled appointment time! Extremely frustrating because of the time spent to go, only to find he's not there.

Does anyone else normally go get blood drawn, have a follow up appointment, then do a PET/CT scan and then go back again? Seems to me I should be doing the CT, then going in to discuss.
          DX 5/16/2017
          L I/O 5/16/2017
          AFP 51 HCG- always below 10 LDH- always below 200
          Primary tumor- PT2
          Staged at IB.

PET and CT scans showed possible lymph node enlargement and "hot" nodes but markers never increased.

All CT scans to current have not shown an increase in lymph node size.

8/16/2018- HCG and LDH All within normal range- AFP dropped further to 1.1.

Comment

• biwi
            • Jun 2015

No, i would definitely only have one follow up. I typically do my bloods, then walk across the street and have my CT done on the same day. Then my onco appointment is about 3-4 days later for the results.
            6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
            6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
            7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
            7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
            10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
            10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
            4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
            4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
            10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
            4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

Working...
            X