X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post orchiectomy / pre-diagnosis

I had my right inguinal orchiectomy this past Monday. For what it's worth, I was born with an undescended right testicle. This added some time to the surgery because of all the old scar tissue. I'm going to my doc on Monday to get the staples removed and to find out the biopsy results. I'm not sure what's worse, the waiting for the results or the unbelievable bruising that seems to be getting worse all around the area. It looks like I got hit by a truck down there. I've only been able to sit up since yesterday. I can't believe how some guys were able to go back to work 3 days after surgery. Granted, I'm a little older than most in this site. Just wanted to give a little update on my situation, more to come on Monday.
    9/14/17 Pre I/O markers : AFP 5.8 / HCG <2 / LDH 570
    9/18/17 Chest X-Ray
    9/25/17 Right I/O surgery
    Unifocal Seminoma 5cm. Tumor invades rete testis; Stage T1B
    No evidence of lymphovascular invasion.

10/2/17 Scrotal hematoma corrective surgery.
    10/3/17 CT scan shows no lymph node involvement.

Sorry to welcome you. Everyone is different post Orchiectomy as far as pain. I do think youth lends itself usually to easier recovery with most surgeries.. Please update us on Monday.
    Son Grant
    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Pathology came back cancer stage1A. I guess that's good. There are complications with a hematoma, so I'm waiting to be admitted so the doc can do the surgery later on today. After I heal from this surgery, we'll see if I can just do surveillance or if I should do radiation therapy. One step at a time.
      9/14/17 Pre I/O markers : AFP 5.8 / HCG <2 / LDH 570
      9/18/17 Chest X-Ray
      9/25/17 Right I/O surgery
      Unifocal Seminoma 5cm. Tumor invades rete testis; Stage T1B
      No evidence of lymphovascular invasion.

10/2/17 Scrotal hematoma corrective surgery.
      10/3/17 CT scan shows no lymph node involvement.

Comment

Wishing you the best with the hematoma surgery. Keep us updated.
        Son Grant
        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Well no wonder it was such a rough recovery. I hope your second surgery went well and the recovery is easier after that!

Comment

Working...
          X