X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nackered
    • May 2018

First post

I've been lurking here a bit. Now I'd like to get some ore info on what's in store for me so I figured it's time to post my story.
    I'm 52 years old with 2 kids aged 9 and 10. Please keep in mind: I had a friend 30 years ago who had I/O that turned out not to be cancer. I have another friend who has a recurring hydrocele.

10/17 I noticed my left testicle seemed larger than it had been.
    12/17 See my primary about. Get some blood work which all normal. He tells me to get an US. I really didn't want to get an US, so I foolishly refused to.
    1/18 My primary says it is presenting as a hydrocele, and I just go with that
    5/18 My left testicle is now about goose egg sized so I decide to get this "hydrocele" treated, first step is US which it turns out looks like a tumor. Blood work is normal except for LDH at 326 IU/L. I get my I/O.

Pathology Diagnosis
    A. Left testicle and spermatic cord:
    1. Seminoma, pure, 6.5 cm
    2. Tumor confined within testis, but with lymphovascular invasion
    3. Spermatic cord margin free of tumor

pT2: Tumor limited to the testis and epididymis with vascular/lymphatic invasion, or tumor extending through the tunica albuginea with involvement of the tunica vaginalis

I have a CAT scan tomorrow. In my urologist said the incision would be "around one inch" but post he told me he had to make it larger. It's 3 inches long. It's been just under a week and today I noticed increased swelling and pain. I think it's infection. Tomorrow after the CAT scan I will have the urologist take a look at it.

Does any one have advice on post op infections? I'm in the Philadelphia are. I see the Center for Excellence lists Dr David J Vaughn. Has any one here gone to him? What should I be thinking about when I consider my on going plan?

thanks

• Jakey32
    • Apr 2018

Im actually going to Dr. Vaughn now also. From Philly area too. I'm on surveillance, had 1a. He will run through everything with you and give options. I had my I/O 7 weeks ago I believe now. Let me know how it goes. I'm sure guys on the board can give better advice than me on specifics.

Takes a little while for swelling to go down. Urologist will be able to tell what's infected or not. I was sore the first two weeks and still tight from time to time.
    Last edited by Jakey32; 05-21-18, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

3" is actually pretty normal, never heard of a y I/O being less.

Pain & swelling should NOT be increasing at a week post I/O they should be decreasing to next to nothing. I would contact my doc & let him know as soon as you can, do not let this slide, your description sounds like a post op infection...
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• nackered
        • May 2018

I had it checked out. Not infected, just normal swelling.

Comment

Working...
        X