Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Two days ago, everything was fine...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Two days ago, everything was fine...

    Hello Everyone,

    First of all, thank you for creating this platform for people in need to connect and thank you all for your contribution.

    One week ago: I had stomach pain and I started having high fever so I went to emergency care. They found WBC (leucocyte) and NEU (neutrophils) are 50% above their respective normal ranges. I couldn't give a sample for a stool test so the doctor suspected of an intestinal infection and we started antibiotics. In addition to the stomach pain, I also had middle-back pain at that day.

    Two days ago: I felt a difference in the hardness of my left testicle on Monday. The next day, I went to see an urologist who told me that I am right with my suspicion. We did ultrasound and blood tests yesterday and the results are below:

    Ultrasound report (translated to English): The left testicle dimensions are 40x18mm. In the bottom part of the left testicle, 16x15mm sized peripherial heterogeneous hypoechoic solid massive lesion was observed. A significant vascularity increase like a peripherial hale surrounding the lesion was noticed. The 16x15 mm sized peripherial heterogeneous hypoechoic solid massive lesion (which shows a dense vascularity increase) is corresponding/conforming to a primer testicle tumor.

    Blood Tests: (We might be using different units in this part of the world, so I specified the normal ranges)
    Marker Result Unit Normal Range
    LDH 134 U/L 135-225
    AFP 3,1 ng/mL 0,00-7,00
    Beta-HCG 0,1 mIU/mL 0,00-2,00
    The results came out from the lab late in the night so I haven't had the chance to meet with the urologist yet. I will discuss the results with the urologist later today on my follow-up appointment. I would like to prepare myself for what is coming next.

    I have below questions:

    1- Do you think that the infection I had last week can be related with the findings of tumor on my left testicle?

    2- My marker tests were done when I was under antibiotics. Could've antibiotics affected the results of the markers?

    3- Could this tumor have spread in my body already? Considering that last week I had unexplained stomach and middle-back pain, but my markers are normal this week.

    4- From what I read online, my doctor today will probably ask me to get orchiectomy for the removal of the left testicle immediately. I guess I should right?

    5- Do you think that the doctor will or should follow the orchiectomy with a chemo? What is next after orchiectomy?

    6- Any additional comments/suggestions would be appreciated as I don't know what to think.

    Thank you all in advance for your comments.
    Last edited by hikoseijuro; 06-06-18, 06:05 AM.

  • #2
    I can't answer all your questions, but I will try....

    First off, your experience of the testicle feeling/appearing normal one day and not the next is very similar to what I experienced. Literally overnight mine doubled in size and went rock hard, like concrete. It felt "heavy" down there.

    1: An infection in that area (Orchitis) shouldn't make the testis hard. However it may form a Hydrocele around it....which is a fluid filled sac, and feel squishy outside if the testis.
    2: The antibiotics should not interfere with those tumor marker tests. Your markers are well within normal range.
    3: Only further imagaing (CT) scan can determine if it has spread....and only * if * you indeed have TC. It may yet be something else going on in the testicle. Plus the back/stomach may yet be unrelated. First you need to rule in/out TC.
    4: Orchiectomy is the only way to find out with certainty what is going on in there
    5: No chemo till you * know * that
    1: you actually have TC and
    2: It has spread
    6: Sounds like you and your doctor are on top of this. My opinion is to quickly determine if you should do the Orchiectomy.

    Hope that helps.

    - Matt
    Last edited by JeskiM69; 06-06-18, 10:51 AM.
    March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
    March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
    6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
    LDH never fully normalized
    Stage: IS
    Watchful Waiting
    May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
    May 12th: started 3xBEP
    Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
    July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
    August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
    September 4th: Port removed
    January 2020: 5.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !


    • #3
      Orchiectomy scheduled for 8th of June, Friday early morning. See you next week with the report from pathology.