Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 days since diagnose

Hello guys,

I've had a lump on my left testicle for a couple of months but I ignored it because I thought it's something that will pass (idiot). On the 17th of July I went to visit my doctor here in Houston, TX, David Goldfarb. He sent me to do an ultrasound and some blood test. Next day he called and told me that in two days (20th of July) I should undergo an orchiectomy. Everything went well and I left the hospital after two hours. I started to walk since next day and on day 3 I felt fine. Now I'm waiting to go back to work because I feel good and I'm just getting bored staying home doing nothing :P My hormones should be just fine since I started my sexual life as before since day 4, that's a good and important thing for me, and for my wife :P hahaha...

I had an appointment with dr Goldfab last Friday and he told me that I should back after 4 weeks, because the results from mass biopsy weren't ready yet. How long does it take usually for the results to be back? He recommended me to do another blood test the Monday before the visit and also the day of the visit in the morning I should go for a CT scan. (is this normal, should I do the CT scan just an hour before doctor appointment or a day before? And also isn't 4 weeks after orchiectomy a long period of time to wait for CT scan?)

As I saw at my patient portal he wrote that I have a malignant tumor but he didn't specified it. Searching over the internet and looking at my tumor marker results I think that I should have a seminoma cancer, based on the levels that I can read. Here are the results before surgery:

HCG - 14.8
    AFP - 2.4
    LD - 416

I don't know if anybody had similiar tumor marker results as I do, so could tell me what stage he got and if there was any spreading or not. I know everybody is different in this case, but just general information

The good thing is that I'm a happy and smiley person 24/7. I am and always will smile at death, not afraid of anything and I'm a fighter when it comes to serious sh*t.

Thank you in advance and F*CK YOU CANCER
    Last edited by albano90; 07-31-18, 09:58 PM.
    Dec 2017 - felt lump and never checked it out.
    07.17.18 - Diagnosed with TC
    07.20.18 - Left I/O
    08.04.18 - Pathology - Seminoma
    08.24.18 - CT Scan shows 3 enlarged lymph nodes (3.3x3.1cm & 3.3x3.2cm & 5.1x3.9cm) no other organs met
    09.04.18 - OFFICIAL STAGE 3A Seminoma
    09.06.18 - Started 4xEP @ MD Anderson
    11.12.18 - Finished 4xEP
    12.20.18 - Waiting for my PET SCAN...

It's already been 10 days & no path results & you have to wait 4 more weeks???? I would consider that unacceptable a,nd consider changing both my docs & testing facilities, they are obviously too busy to take care of you properly. I would run....

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
      It's already been 10 days & no path results & you have to wait 4 more weeks???? I would consider that unacceptable a,nd consider changing both my docs & testing facilities, they are obviously too busy to take care of you properly. I would run....

Dave
      Hello Dave, thank you for the reply. Yeah I know it's weird but he seems relaxed about me. I got the biopsy results today and if I can say I'm lucky for this but I have a pure seminoma and the stage from the pathologist is 1A. I have blood work on monday and next friday the CT scan. Let's hope I didn't get to lymph nodes.

I also contacted with MD Anderson Cancer Center and I'm waiting to hear from them about an appointment. I will go on both my doctors, Houston Methodist and the MD Anderson to have a better image of what will happen next.

Any suggestion for this stage of tc? I'm uploading some pics from results.
      07.20.18 - Left I/O
      08.24.18 - CT Scan shows 3 enlarged lymph nodes (3.3x3.1cm & 3.3x3.2cm & 5.1x3.9cm) no other organs met
      11.12.18 - Finished 4xEP

Comment

Good luck to you! I'm also at MD Anderson, I have stage IIIB, so a little more intense than yours, but MD Anderson has been great so far. I guess my path was a little different as I haven't had an orchiectomy (my tumor was so large my doc wanted to start chemo immediately to relieve the pain), but shouldn't the treatment (orchiectomy, other treatments) be determined by your oncologist at MD Anderson?
        March/April 2018 - Started feeling tightness in right abdomen
        6/4/18 - US+CT confirm massive tumor in right retroperitoneum (25cm x 17cm x 17cm)
        6/20/18 - Biopsy performed (suspecting sarcoma)
        6/25/18 - Diagnosed stage IIIC seminoma
        6/28/18 - Started 4xEP
        9/7/18- Finished 4xEP
        10/10/18 - PET Scan (awaiting results)

Comment

Originally posted by dustumor99 View Post
          Good luck to you! I'm also at MD Anderson, I have stage IIIB, so a little more intense than yours, but MD Anderson has been great so far. I guess my path was a little different as I haven't had an orchiectomy (my tumor was so large my doc wanted to start chemo immediately to relieve the pain), but shouldn't the treatment (orchiectomy, other treatments) be determined by your oncologist at MD Anderson?
          Hello,

Hope that you will have a clear path as soon as possible. I started my jorney at another urologist (that in fact did the same school as many of the MD Anderson doctors, at Baylor Medicine) and I'm waiting for MD Anderson to have a second opinion on my case. I might have the appointment in the next two weeks, so let's see what they gonna tell me. I thought that usually everything starts with orchiectomy, first time that I read the opposite of that. I'm new to this field so maybe for others isn't any surpsise, but I will continue to read and spread my knowledge on other friends so if anything happend to a person that I know they will have a better view. The first days were a bit stressful, but as I mentoined at the first post, I'm always optimistic

Wish you all the best and just stay positive, everything will end with happiness
          07.20.18 - Left I/O
          11.12.18 - Finished 4xEP

Comment

Hi albano90,

Yes I think you're correct, everything starts with orchiectomy, my case was abnormal because the tumor was deemed more important (due to the size and my discomfort). I was referring more to the urologist taking steps to treat cancer, as opposed to an oncologist. Maybe that's fairly normal, I came into cancer thinking I had sarcoma (due to the size of the tumor and location), so I read a lot about making sure you find the right oncologist and not letting anyone else start to treat you or even biopsy it until you talk to an oncologist in a high volume center like MD Anderson.

Obviously TC is probably different (with sarcoma, you worry a lot about spreading cancer because many sarcomas are not treatable with chemo or radiation, thus a lot more paranoia around the biopsy procedure, etc.).

Best of luck!
            March/April 2018 - Started feeling tightness in right abdomen
            6/4/18 - US+CT confirm massive tumor in right retroperitoneum (25cm x 17cm x 17cm)
            6/20/18 - Biopsy performed (suspecting sarcoma)
            6/25/18 - Diagnosed stage IIIC seminoma
            6/28/18 - Started 4xEP
            9/7/18- Finished 4xEP
            10/10/18 - PET Scan (awaiting results)

Comment

Working...
            X