Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robotic RPLND Surgeon in NYC?

Hello,
    Can anyone recommend a surgeon in the NY area who specializes in Robotic RPLND surgery?
    Thank you in advance!

In NYC the best place for testicular cancer is Memorial Sloan Kettering. However, they usually prefer open vs Robotic RPLND. Where are you in the process? Is this a post-chemo RPLND or a primary RPLND?

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Hi Mike - this is primary. Thanks.

Comment

If it were me I’d be at Sloan.

Comment

If it were me, I'd go to Sloan as they have the most experience. While a Robotic RPLND is feasible and can reduce the recovery time by a few days, the oncological outcomes long-term are open to a lot of debate. If it were the way to go, then the top RPLND surgeons would certainly go to it but they aren't flocking to the robotic RPLND. To me, that tells me something.

Mike
          Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
          06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
          06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
          Surveillance...
          Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
          6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Working...
          X