X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official diagnosis and treatment plan

Hey All, this is my second post here since joining. I have put my initial intro and start of my story in the ballroom. My story has moved pretty fast as I found a lump two weeks ago and I am currently one week post left I/O. I received my final biopsy results and care plan at my follow up yesterday and figured I would post them here.

My ultrasound revealed a mass on my testicle(A) and a secondary mass within (B). During my surgery they did a freeze biopsy of A and finished the orchiectomy. The preliminary diagnosis for A was seminoma. The full biopsy revealed that both A and B were both Classic seminoma. A was 1.2 cm and B was 1.0 cm. There was tumor invasion of the rete testis, LVI present margins, spermatic cord uninvolved. Multi focal classic seminoma stage IB. My doctor states they want to go with observation as my treatment plan with bloodwork and CT every six months for 2 years and then annually for 5 years. So as I move forward I feel confident in this plan and will live with the thought that I am cancer free until proven otherwise.

As a thought, I was told early on that it is not common for TC to have multiple masses. Has anybody else experienced multi focal masses? If so were they both made up of similar cells as mine were? Thanks in advance, I am glad I found this site and forum.

Cory
    Last edited by CORYZ5; 10-23-19, 12:55 PM.

I had multiple masses and they both were pure seminoma.
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Working...
    X