Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Orchiectomy Bleeding

Hi All,

Everything healing well after Orchiectomy. About 7 days after surgery I woke up with my PJs bloody. Went to Urgent care and they said it could be a Seroma or fluid build out. They said the cut was healing fine. They cleaned the area and bandaged me up. Told me to keep it bandages for a few days (changing a couple times a day). Its not really all blood, some brownish, looked like some pus. The doctor also gave me antibiotics as a precaution to prevent infection. Today finally it looks like its crusting up, but of course I have some concern. Called my doctor and will go visit him. Has anyone else had the same situation? Looking for some advice. Its been 12 days since surgery and I feel great. Stitches have not fallen off yet (except for strip doctor removed to clean me up).

Thanks in advance!

Hi Radz,
    I don't have any specific advice, but it sounds like you've already done the right thing - going to urgent care & setting up an appointment with your doc...
    Painless lump 5/18/2017
    Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
    Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
    No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Working...
    X