Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Orchiectomy - Follow Up

Hi All,

Had my follow up with Doctor today (3 weeks post orchiectomy). Its a seminoma, stage pT1a. Next step is a CT scan. Doctor never ordered one as the Orchiectomy was more exploratory as the ultrasound could not confirm if the mass was Cancer or not (the test done in the surgery confirmed a seminoma). Nothing spread outside of the testicle based on the pathology report, but the CT scan will be done to ensure no spread. I think this is great new. If the scan comes back all good, looks like I will just be on surveillance. Its a great day, but will feel much better after the scan. Just wanted to share with the group.

Hi Radz, Great news! Thanks for sharing it!
    I know it's never a good day to hear that a cancer diagnosis is confirmed, but it sounds like all indications are very positive.
    Good luck with the CT scan and the surveillance on the other side of it :-)
    Painless lump 5/18/2017
    Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
    Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
    No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Thanks! Only worried about the CT scan now. Been trying to research where people may have pT1a but CT scan shows it spread. Doctor said its a low probability but of course it weighs on my mind.

Comment

Yeah man, it's hard - not knowing is the worst part... But soon you'll find out and that will be make things a lot easier!! When are you getting those results?
        July 2016 - Left I/O
        December 2016 - BEPx3
        All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
        My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
        First Oncologist Visit Checklist
        Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Hi Radz,
          My case sounds very similar to yours. After the orchiectomy, I was also diagnosed with testicular cancer (classic seminoma) stage pT1a. Pathology report also confirmed that it was confined to the testicle. I had the CT scan and chest xray 4 weeks prior to the orchiectomy and there were no signs of spread. I am now on active surveillance. Hope you get the same great results.
          Best of luck!

Comment

Hi Radz,
            My case sounds very similar to yours. After the orchiectomy, I was also diagnosed with testicular cancer (classic seminoma) stage pT1a. Pathology report also confirmed that it was confined to the testicle. I had the CT scan and chest xray 4 weeks prior to the orchiectomy and there were no signs of spread. I am now on active surveillance. Hope you get the same great results.
            Best of luck!

Comment

I'm still waiting for the CT Scan to be booked. Hopefully I am a priority. If not I will be driving to the US (I am in Canada) to get it done as soon as possible. Just want to deal with this as quick as I can.

Bobbles, good to hear you are on Surveillance!

Comment

Working...
              X