Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain after Orchiectomy

Hi All,

I know I've been posting a lot of questions. Its been almost 4 weeks since orchiectomy. Besides numbness below incision (from edge of scrotum running along incision line) I don't have much pain. A couple days ago I started feeling some pain when there's friction from clothing on skin. I did notice that where my scrotum and leg meet, i feel as if I'm bruised (painful if pushing on it). The pain is bearable but its there. I don't think its an inguial hernia as i have no pain coughing, sneezing, no bulging, no swelling. I've tried advil but just stays the same. Has anyone experienced this? I've heard other say shooting pain but to me it feels like a deep bruise. Not sure if its nerves coming back online or what it could be. Would love to hear from others on their experience.

Hi Radz,
    I'm now almost 7 weeks post surgery and I'm finally starting to feel 100%. I had the same pain/bruising feeling in the groin area and on/near the pubic bone that would come and go until about week 5. On week 3, the pain was in my hip area. The doctor associated it with my muscles and nerves healing. It's kinda weird that the pain would change areas as I continued healing from surgery. On days that I felt regular pain, I would take an Advil before bed. Just remember to continue taking it easy and avoid lifting anything. Everyone heals differently, but hopefully you're nearing the end of the healing process. Goodluck!

Comment

Yeah, I'd say up to now after the first week everything has been going smoothly, except for this which started the same night after my post op appointment with my Doc. I can deal with the pain, its just frustrating as my leg movement and everything else feels great. Doctor actually said I can get back to regular activity. I'm still being cautious. Thanks for the input. Better to hear it from someone going through the same thing. I'm staying positive. Glad to hear you are feeling much better!

Comment

Hi Radz,
        I'm two years out and still get a little pain, or strange sensation, from time to time, but not often or intense. Sometimes I feel a little "full" or "empty" down there, I don't really know how to describe it.
        If it's bothering you enough to be on pain medicine on a constant basis, it might be worth checking out, but it could very well just be your body getting used to the new situation.

And exercise often! It's really good for recovery and calming the nerves :-)
        Painless lump 5/18/2017
        Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
        Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
        No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Its been getting much better - I think what got me the most worried was reading about hernia's. I don't think I have one but it weighs on my mind. I've looked at the symptoms and I don't think I have it, but not sure how to tell. I'll probably setup another appointment with my Doctor just to check and be sure. I'm at that point now that I just want to get back to as normal as a routine that I had

Comment

Working...
          X