Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Pre orchiectomy

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    With a clear CT surveillance should still be an option. It is a personal decision if you are comfortable with that. Personally, I would avoid any treatment that wasn't clearly needed for survival, but some folks have a hard time with dealing with the odds.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP


    • #17
      Thanks Dave. Yea it's such a hard decision. Had the call with my doctor today. 30% change of progression/relapse but said because it's mainly seminoma it's not as aggressive as higher percentage EC. He still strongly recommend RPLND or 1xBEP but I'm going to meet with an oncologist.

      I know everyone has asked this 100 times but it comes back to the question of robotic RPLND vs 1xBEP. I would choose robotic RPLND but am extremely scared of the 15% chance of retrograde.
      Last edited by uclabruin; 12-30-19, 04:59 PM.