Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doryman
    replied
    Quick update, day three of my second BEP cycle done. Feeling alright, ringing in my ears is still happening, some slight neuropathy in hands and feet, and some slight pain in my ribs. Other then that feeling good to be over the hump looking forward to being done with the rest of this week.

Leave a comment:

• Doryman
    replied
    Dave,
    Did you remember any negative side effects from the booster shots? My only concern is potential for lung damage since I am still taking Bleomycin.

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    Sounds like a plan. I got shots as well, can't recall which type. I might have gotten one for each cycle, but it was a long tome ago now.

Leave a comment:

• Doryman
    replied
    Ok, sounds good spoke with my doctor today he said if things don't go up, we will do at shot after bleo next week

Leave a comment:

• biwi
    replied
    Yes, I did end up getting neulasta between cycles.

Leave a comment:

• Doryman
    replied
    Bowie,
    That's awesome makes me feel good that I made the right choice. Did you have to take a Neulasta or neupogen injection?

Leave a comment:

• biwi
    replied
    You are on the right track. I had something similar, the nurses wanted to delay one round because of my neutrophil count but I told them that was unacceptable according to best practices and to talk to the oncologist. the Onco agreed with me and continued treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Doryman
    replied
    Hi Dave,
    He did mention it but right now he is not to concerned because I am quarantining, and also pretty healthy other wise. We spoke about this happening and he said unless I get sick we are moving forward with chemo. We spoke about getting an Neulasta or neupogen injections, but he said there is a little concern with it because of potential bleomycin interaction causing lung toxicity. Right now it isn't necessary, but when we get to that bridge he said we will talk about how to cross it.

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    Harxxony, why are the markers confusing you? His elevated markers are consistent with seminoma

Doryman, don't be overly concerned about the counts, everyone should be practicing self isolation right now, anyway. Stay home & stay away from folks as much as possible. Has your doc brought up the possibility of injections to improve blood counts?

Leave a comment:

• Doryman
    replied
    Today was the start of my second cycle of BEP. The nurse told me that my neutrophils were low at .7, and that the doctor didn't want to delay treatment so we are moving forward with the second cycle. The told me to be extra careful about exposing myself to people, and the prescribed me an antibiotic if I started to develop a fever over 100.5. the last thing they told me was if that happens go straight to the ER.

I am a little worried about my blood counts being low, but I am doing everything in my power to be extra cautious to prevent sickness. Hopefully my counts go up on there own.
    Last edited by Doryman; 11-09-20, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Doryman
    replied
    Absolutely I appreciate the support, I can tell you care. Thanks for advice

Leave a comment:

• Harxxony
    replied
    No, it's ok, I was confused with 2xBEP, tumor sizes and elevated marker values in pure seminoma. Please ignore me. You obviously get proper care with biopsy and everything else. Everything makes sense with this new information. I'm still confused only about elevated markers values, it makes no sense that original tumor didn't increase markers, and reccured does, but it looks like that they examined everything and covered all options. But if there is some non-seminoma that they were unable to find, it doesn't matter. Basically chemo is similar for seminoma and non-seminoma so you are definetely on right path.

Leave a comment:

• Doryman
    replied
    Harxxony
    I did get a biopsy it came back as pure seminoma, same as 2015. Ultrasound of the other testicle came back negative for any new cancer. Tumor markers are low, and the prognosis is good staging is 2. There is no growth in lungs or brain. The Pathology report, MRI , and CT results came back as a reoccurrence of the original cancer.

My doctor is actually a great oncologist, and is part of a group of doctors that are highly respected in southern California where I live. So far my treatment has been nothing but the best. I have not experienced any delays in treatment, and I have never been misinformed at anytime. In fact he calls me every week to check in, and gave me his personal cell to call him anytime I have an issue or question. He is following the NCCN guide lines exactly. As far as the doctor being incompetent, I am confused why you think that.
    Last edited by Doryman; 11-08-20, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Harxxony
    replied
    What? OMG. Did they do nodes biopsy now? These tumors are large and I think that it can be done without RPLND. This is no seminoma reccurence. This can be: completely new tumor from other testicle or from somewhere else in the body, or maybe reccurence of non-seminoma component from original 2015 tumor, that was missed on pathology examination. Did you do ultrasound for remaining testicle now?

It seems that chemo works, and that is good, I'm sure that you will be fine, still >99% chance of survival. But still, these issues should be resolved. I realy don't want to scare you, I just want to know that you get best possible treatment. I'm not sure are your doctors incompetent or they just want to spare you from details

Leave a comment:

• Doryman
    replied
    No my markers were not elevated until September of this year. As for proper surveillance the answer is no, I stopped going after the third year because I was stupid in thinking that I was fine. So probably around year 3 or 4 it spread. As far as treatment 3xBEP is on the calendar for treatment. I spoke with my doctor and after the 2nd cycle he wants to check my progress with a CT scan. I am getting blood results weekly to check all my blood counts and markers levels. So far my levels are returning to normal with only HCG being elevated. Also the pain I had in my back has almost completely disappeared which leads us to believe that the tumors are shrinking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X