X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All clear in 16 months

Well I'm happy to announce in my 16 month check out everything including my ct scan , tumor markers , torax x rays and ultrasound on my remaining one , came out all clear the only issue is low testosterone which I already start a TRT I still don t fell right but this is great news , it make me feel I lot better , thanks God , my family and everybody in this forum for all the support.
    Cesar

Hi,

Congratulations, lovely reading good news

Val
    Val Brother (23 when diagnosed) : Dianosed 14/09/2009, testicle removed, Non sem diagnosed. Tumour markers 36000 before op and dropped to 17000 after operation.. Chemo started end of september 4 x BEP. Tumour markers normal at end of chemo. RPLND 26 Feb 2010 No cancer found. Latest Appointment November 2013- CT and markers normal http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/core/...es/biggrin.pnghttp://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/core/...es/biggrin.pnghttp://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/core/...es/biggrin.png

Comment

That's great news, Cesar. I've just had my first meeting with an oncologist and hope I'll hit the same milestone with no recurrence.

One question and forgive me if you've discussed this on another forum: when did you first get your testosterone checked and what made you get checked?

Jon
      Feb./12 - right I/O, CT clear, only LDH elevated
      March/12 - pathology results - 90% seminoma, 10% EC, stage IA
      April/12 - surveillance...

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories and advice!

Comment

Thanks Jon, about the Testosterone issue I was feeling tire , my sex drive was almost gone and I was getting depressed , So since my oncologist and urologist basically never send to check my T levels I decided to do it my self , the result was 289 ng-dl which is very low for my age 31, so I went to see an endocrinologist and he told me the T levels for my age should be around 400 ng-dl and 900 ng-dl so I been down from normal levels for my age. If you need more info check testosterone challenges in this forum and you will get a lot info about what is your normal levels , I have a post there called testosterone questions and you will see a link from Davepet with info about age and levels, by the way I think we have the same pathology . Good luck in your next follow up.
        Cesar

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. I'll keep it in mind to be proactive and get myself checked should I feel the similarly.

Jon
          Feb./12 - right I/O, CT clear, only LDH elevated
          March/12 - pathology results - 90% seminoma, 10% EC, stage IA
          April/12 - surveillance...

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories and advice!

Comment

Working...
          X