X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tswey
    • Mar 2017

Surveillance and dull low back pain

I had a non-seminomous mixed germ cell tumor removed on 3/14/17, have been on survelliance since and have my first CT scan on July 14th however I'm feeling a dull ache in my lower back. I'm trying to convince myself that back pain is so common and it's likely nothing. Especially because it seems quick that it would be back and causing me back pain. I haven't done anything else to justify to pain.
    I'm debating just calling my doc and asking if we could move the scan up but part of me just thinks it's paranoia and I should just wait until July. Also I feel a small pain just right above my scar from the surgery.
    Has anyone had it spread to your back that quick? Do you think I should just call my Dr or am I overreacting? Thanks for any info. This forum has helped me so much.
  • JoeTheAstronaut
    • Dec 2016

Better ask the doc - if nothing else, it will put your mind at peace!
    July 2016 - Left I/O
    December 2016 - BEPx3
    All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
    My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
    First Oncologist Visit Checklist
    Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

• singa76
      • Apr 2017

I was under surveillance and I started having back pain, unfortunately at the time I did not even think it could be TC related and I ignored it. At the following CT scan, the reason for the back pain became clear. Having said that, I have learnt my lesson, and I know how important it is to listen to the "signals" the body is sending, although many oncologists try to deny this. It could be nothing, but as you would anyhow do your CT scan in few weeks, I would certainly try to move it as close as possible. If not, you can at least have the markers checked

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

Tswey,
        I assume you had a CT around the time of your I/O? If so, what were the results? Also, what are your blood markers?

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Tswey
          • Mar 2017

Thanks for the replies. I actually called my doctor and he said if it gets worse in about a week then I'll get my scan done sooner otherwise I'm just going to wait until early July. My tumor markers were normal so they arent really much help in knowing if it's back. I did have my CT and shortly after my surgery and it came back with just a few small enlarged lymph nodes. I feel good that it's gone. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X