Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever or is having the same problem post chemo?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever or is having the same problem post chemo?

I'm just over 3 months out of 3x BEP and my body is still recovering and one of the probably most annoying side effects is probably my vision seems to be a little blurry at times. Is anyone having the same problem or have had this happen after chemo?

Signature won't save but here is everything so far.

3/2017 - Noticd testicle was hardening did nothing for two months thinking it was nothing
    5/5/2017 - went to Doc.. Ultrasound confirmed cancer likely
    5/8/2017 - Right I/O stage 2a 50% teratoma 40% yolk sac 10% EC one enlarged nod at 1.4 cm hcg and afp were rising after surgery
    6/5/2017- 8/1/2017 BEP x3
    8/22/17 - node decreases under 1 cm .... Survelience
    10/22/17- blood work normal still all clear

Comment

Havenít ever heard that as a side effect before, I wonder if it could just be eyes acting up and unrelated to TC.
      3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop!

Comment

I'm at week 5 of bepx3, my vision occasionally goes a little blurry. The worst was when I went to the gym on day 4 of the first week, my vision went blurry for 4 days. It started at the gym so I assume it was from the heavy lifting.

Comment

It stated about midway through chemo. I do think it's getting better slowly. Good luck the rest of your treatments!

Comment

My husband had that happen while on BEP, stopped once he was finished. He is now on VeIP and it's happening again. Doesn't seem to be a major problem, just a bit blurry on occasion.

Comment

How old are you ?

I had my chemo at age 39. I ended up needing glasses at 41. In my case it was more likely age related vs. a chemo induced side effect.

I suppose there could be some occular neuropathy....I am never surprised at the amount of damage these drugs can do.

Best thing to do is get an eye exam anyways.

- Matt
              March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
              March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
              6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
              LDH never fully normalized
              Stage: IS
              Watchful Waiting
              May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
              May 12th: started 3xBEP
              Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
              July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
              August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
              September 4th: Port removed
              July 8th 2017: 3 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

Originally posted by JeskiM69 View Post
                How old are you ?

I had my chemo at age 39. I ended up needing glasses at 41. In my case it was more likely age related vs. a chemo induced side effect.

I suppose there could be some occular neuropathy....I am never surprised at the amount of damage these drugs can do.

Best thing to do is get an eye exam anyways.

- Matt
                I'm 23. It's not too bad. Its just a huge difference from the perfect vision I had before. I'm gonna give it a little more time before I go to the eye doctor.

Comment

I don't think I'd wait. A trip to the eye doc won't change anything, but will quantify any loss of vision for future reference.I've needed vision correction since I was 10. It can be impossible to tell when your vision deteriorates a little at a time & you learn to compensate. Seems to me it is better to know where you are at, even if no action is taken right away. JMHO

Dave
                  Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                  Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
                  X