Chylous Ascites - How do I know when it is cured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phan11
    • Sep 2017

Chylous Ascites - How do I know when it is cured?

Hi all,

This could be a silly question...

I have been dealing with Chylous Ascites for about 2 months post RPLND, managed only through diet. I woke up early last week and my stomach was not distended and since that time, I have lost about 10 lbs. Without doing a CT scan, are these signs sufficient to consider the ascites being on the downward slope? I have reached out to my Dr.., but no response (they seem to take their time in responding to most anything)

Thank you!
  • RWA
    • Jan 2013

Hello,

Not sure the details of your case, but I had Chylous Ascites from PC-RPLND for ~10 wks before it resolved. During the chylous episode I was gaining ~1lb per day and being drained ~every 2weeks of 5 - 7 Liters. When I had 3 days in a row with now weight gain, my Dr. suspected the leak had stopped. He recommended continuing my low fat diet for 3 more weeks before slowly re-intorudcing normal diet. The diet sucks but so Chylous sucks more so I complied and was done with the leak.

I had my RPLND performed at IU but i can say Dr. knowledge for care and treatment of chylous is very low and frustrating. It sounds like there is a good probability your case has resolved, and that is great news.

Comment

• Trekga
      • Jan 2017

So sorry you had/have Chylous Ascites. Be a thorn and reach out to your doctor again given the upcoming holiday.
      Son Grant
      dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
      X