Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverator View Post
      Hey everyone, I'm officially done with my first cycle of BEP today! I get a week to rest now.
      What do you mean by "a week to rest?" Are you starting your next long week on the 1st?

Dave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

My next long week starts on the 4th.

Comment

Why the delay? your first long week was on the 11th, second should start on the 1st. I can understand pushing it back to the second, but not the 4th.

Comment

Why the delay? your first long week was on the 11th, second should start on the 1st. I can understand pushing it back to the second, but not the 4th.

Comment

Doctor's reasoning was that the 1st is a holiday and so doctors wouldn't be available that day (not sure about this) and then he didn't want to start me on the 2nd or 3rd because that would mean that regular doctors wouldn't see me on the day I'm sent home.
              Do you think this is an issue? I'm going to the hospital tomorrow and might bring it up then.

Comment

Not sure if it might be an issue or not, I'm no doc.my guess would be not, but probably best to push the second bleo shot back a few days too. I don't know how important it is, but having one on the 4th & one on the 8th might not be advised.If you got it on the 9th or 10th that would be about halfway between #1 & #3.

Dave
                Last edited by Davepet; 01-03-18, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in about your IV placement issues, because we are entirely too familiar with those. There was never a discussion about my husband getting a port or PICC because he was "only" going to have 4xVIP. Be prepared that with each time that they pump more chemo through, it will probably make it more difficult for them to find good veins. His IV blew so many times during the second cycle, that we convinced them to use a PICC while he was inpatient for the third, and that was wonderful since the nurses cared for it and we didn't have to worry quite as much about risk of infection. Both of my husband's teams have always advised him to drink lots of fluids the couple of days prior to needing an IV, and also to wear long sleeved shirts to keep his arms warm. If you are comfortable suggesting the nurse or IV therapist try a particular placement, we have found consistent success using the front of the forearm (the hairy side), which they don't usually try because there is little to visually guide them, but if you can get someone really good at placing an IV, they should have no problem trying that area.

Comment

I have never heard one person on this forum say they regretted getting a port.Just sayin...

Dave

Comment

Hi all! My husband finished his bep x 3 last Tuesday. He had heartburn and gas during chemo along with other side effects. Now that chemo is completed he has been taking gas x morning and night and constantly burping & passing lots of gas.. it just keeps on coming out! Wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well? If so; when does this start going away?

Comment

JACKMANDY919: Hopefully someone can chime in as my son already had reflux prior to BEP, so anit-acid helped him greatly. So sorry for him and you. It could be due to digestive issues from chemo, again, hope someone chimes in, but contact doctor if it is still ongoing in another week.
                        Son Grant
                        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

hello Jackmandy,

Please consult your doctor about this too but i think these symptoms are pretty normal.

Comment

Yes. My stomach/digestion, etc was pretty messed up for the about 3 weeks post last chemo. These kind of issues seem somewhat common this soon after chemo.

I'd give it a bit longer. It should go back to normal soon.

You could inform your doc. if you feel it's getting worse.

- Matt
                            March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
                            March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
                            6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
                            LDH never fully normalized
                            Stage: IS
                            Watchful Waiting
                            May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
                            May 12th: started 3xBEP
                            Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
                            July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
                            August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
                            September 4th: Port removed
                            July 10th 2018: 4 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

Hi all, I just finished my second long week and got some good news, my AFP has dropped to 144 (from 1600)! I also passed most of my finals despite the chemo so things are looking great!

Comment

congrats, i am sure it will be under 10 after your last chemo.

Comment

Working...
                                X