X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low T?

Hey everyone, I have experienced some problems lately which I believe could be low testosterone.

Finished chemo in August and got the all clear about 3 weeks later. Have my 6 month scan this week(first since all clear) so hoping all goes well . Makers have been normal first two checkups!

So for about a month now I’ve noticed I’ve been much more fatigued then normal. Very little sex drive and lost hair on the side of both of my legs and under one of my armpits. Can anyone relate to these problems post chemo?
    Last edited by MTS1994; 03-05-18, 01:02 AM.

Also.. I talked to doc and he orderd to get my testosterone levels checked as well as my other normal blood work

Comment

Odd hair growth isn't uncommon post chemo, but coupled with the loss of sex drive & fatigue, a T test seems like a mart move. Let us know when you get results.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Fatigue, low sex drive, loss of morning erection, weight gain, irritability, muscle soreness are the symptoms I'm familiar with. Consider to ask they do a more through panel than just testosterone (e.g. estradiol also)
        Age 31 - Portland, OR
        01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
        13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
        27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
        06DEC16 - CT scan clear
        09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
        03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
        18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Thanks for the replyís. I have most of those side effects you just listed. Not a great feeling to be honest. If these test do indeed show my T levels are low what will they give me for it and how quick does it start to help?

Comment

Iím also curious. I thought the fatigue would go away and it seemed like it did after a few months post-chemo but lately Iíve been more fatigued than usual, uninterested, and gained a little weight. Family and friends have even commented about it. Iím wondering if it could be low T. Iím going to try exercising more to see if it changes any.
            26 Cleveland, OH
            3/01/17 - Found lump on right testicle
            4/21/17 - Went to ER. 4x3.7x2.5 cm tumor in right testicle
            4/22/17- Pre/op LDH 194, AFP 41, HCG 46, CT scan clear, X-ray clear
            4/27/17 - Right I/O. Non-seminoma with LVI. 70% EC, 20% Yolk Sac, 10% Teratoma
            5/16/17 - Markers normalize, CT clear. Stage 1B
            5/22/17 - Start 1xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by MTS1994 View Post
              If these test do indeed show my T levels are low what will they give me for it and how quick does it start to help?
              Well, that's where it gets "interesting". I have no testicles, so there is no question that I need TRT, however if you still have a testicle, it gets harder to convince the powers that be that you need TRT. If your remaining testicle is keeping you at the low end of the "normal" range, it can get really difficult, Now if your T is normal bur your estradiol is high, there is a treatment, but not TRT

Best bet is to find an endocrinologist that is *knowledgeable* about these hormones. Many are not,most primarily treat diabetics.Lets see where you are at & what your doc prescribes & we can go from there.

GDave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
              X