Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do testicular implants last a lifetime?

My partner is trying to find out if a testicular implant will last a lifetime, or if he will be likely to need a replacement later on. He is having an orchiectomy in a couple of days (ultrasound found lesions that look suspicious, but bloodwork was normal) and we are having a hard time finding good information on implants.

Does anyone have one of the more modern saline filled implants? Are you happy with it? Did your urologist reassure you that it would last a lifetime or that it might need to be replaced?

Thank you so much for any advice you may offer. We have already found a ton of helpful information by browsing these forums.

Well i have had mine for 5 yrs and they havent failed me like the real ones did nor will they ever fail me like the real ones did. As for lasting a life time, not a clue. Warranty maybe?
    I had to get used to them because it was different than what i normally had. Now i dont even notice nor does my wife and that was the whole point in my decision. To feel and look as normal as i could.
    If they break or wear out some how then i would certainly have new one(s) put in to replace them. But its a personal choice. Some guys on here said not for me and that is okay by me.
    They actually place them thru the scrotum and attach them to the side of the scrotum.
    Hope that helps
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Good question. All I can tell you is that my implant is 30 years old and, I guess, still in good shape. I have wondered, however, if at some point I should have it replaced or removed. I don't remember if anything was said to me about its lifespan when I got it. Someday I'll remember to ask my doctor.
      1988-89: Stage 3 testicular cancer (seminoma), 4xCE

Comment

I don't recall hearing of any sort of body implant needing to be removed unless it's causing problems of some sort, like those breast implants that would burst years ago. Pretty sure no one has reported anything similar in here with fake guys.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
        X