Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

Stay hydrated, if you are not needing to pee every hour, probably not enough.Other than that most important part, eat whatever sounds good, even if not considered healthy. Chocolate was my best friend.The steroids will likely make you gain weight, it can be lost post chemo, but try to keep it reasonable, it doesn't just go away once chemo is done, it takes effort.

You WILL be uncomfortable for much of this journey, just remember things will return to normal once it's over.
    Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• wjonw
      • Aug 2018

Thanks Dave! I appreciate all the answers you've assisted, not just on my topic but throughout the forum.

Its been a scary few days, we are working on the plan this week since i was only confirmed about my stage 2B late friday. I was wondering if its common for me to be the one following up on all the steps and not the onc dept? Like port, follow up consultations, chemo prepare convo etc.. As of now all i know is that they want to do 3 BEP for the single node in para aortic lymph node >3cm which from research seems like the common approach- is that correct?

I'm at cedars sinai under dr Hoffman, hes emailed Dr einhorm and Claire Beard- hopefully someone has heard about them (beyond einhorn)?

Also one quick question- did most of you take off from work completely? or slowly dialed back?

Thanks!

Comment

• Davepet
        • Mar 2010

I was unemployed, but could not have worked during chemo, I was simply too fatigued. Some seem to manage to keep working to some extent, but I can't recall anyone saying the kept their normal work schedule 100%.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
        X