Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 months post chemo aches and pains

Hello Worriers

First of all, thanks to everyone who contributes in this site. Although I haven’t posted before but I’ve been checking this site quite regularly since my diagnosis.

I was diagnosed with stage 2B non-seminoma with initial markers ( 1400 AFP - 200 something HCG). After orchedoctmoy my oncologist suggested 3 cycles of BEP + 1 EP. finished chemo about 2 months ago and my markers dropped dramatically to ( 1.7 AFP & less than 1 HCG & 200 LDH). Post chemo scans about one month post chemo ( CT & PET shows all clear ) and the one lymph node that was enlarged (3 cm) shrank to almost 1 cm. He didn’t feel that RPLND WAS NECESSARY since the node is supposed to shrink even more.

My worry is that during treatment I had back pains everywhere low and upper. I have pains in The groin area in my right thigh whenever I walk and it still hurts every now and then. Scans shows all good but I still get these pains which is mostly dull aches. It doesn’t prevent me from anything but It bothers a lot since it’s there and also since it reminds me of my cancer. Could be a relapse this soon? Does it mean RPLND Is a must? Don’t know why I refer these pain to the node !

I can’t stop thinking even though I just got married few days ago and these pains really do kill the joy ! Any one’s been there?

Any thoughts and help are appreciated!

One more thing, I never had these pains as symptoms in the first place.

Also, execuse my poor english it is not my first language

Comment

I’d imagine this is unrelated. We all get pains and aches and we all immediately assume the worst. The thigh pain is probably just that. No need to worry. Your body went through a lot and aches and pains are expected. In just two months cancer would not grow enough to start causing pain.
      3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 3/20/19 All clears up to here!

Comment

Working...
      X