X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melanie
    • Feb 2018

Anyone have info on late relapse rates?

I am a part of a facebook group for TC and have seen some posts on late relapse recently. Some very late, like 25 years late.

I dont feel that group is as knowledgeable on facts as this group so I wanted to ask you all if you had any research and stats on late and very late relapse. Does your initial stage and treatment have any effect on late relapse? Any types/sub-types have higher risk of late reccourance than other?

I tried to dive into some research on my own but it took me back to feeling like diagnosis and treatment days and couldn't continue without inducing panic. I could probably read a study or two but the scouring and research is too much

Thanks for for any help and information you may have

Last edited by melanie; 07-17-19, 02:40 PM.
    2/7/18- Husband diagnosed
    2/12/18- I/O- Stage 1b 99% embryonal carcinoma 1%seminoma/yolk -CT's clear -All markers in normal range
    3/12/18-4/1/18 Adjuvant BEPx1
    4/12/19- ONE YEAR ALL CLEAR
    4/2020- Two years all clear
    4/2021- Three years all clear
    4/2022- four years all clear
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

Late relapse happens sometimes, but is pretty rare if you get past the first year or two. Second primaries also happen, Mine was 35 years after my first, but that is probably even more rare. My advice is to try to stop worrying about the odds & go live your lives as you want to & deal with future problems if & when they occur. wasting time worrying will not change the future one bit.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• JoeTheAstronaut
      • Dec 2016

Great advice, Dave!! And since the chances of TC happening in the first place are so rare and yet it happened, I don't think it's worth paying attention to what else might happen when it's in single digits...I try to enjoy my life to the max and make sure I have no regrets so that every checkup is a milestone that I look forward to because I know I've done the best I could with what it is I have.
      July 2016 - Left I/O
      December 2016 - BEPx3
      All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
      My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
      First Oncologist Visit Checklist
      Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Working...
      X