Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared of reoccurrence.

Evening all!.

Brief history on my TC experience. Dx Nov2017 with pure seminoma of the left testicle, Stage 2B. Cancer had spread to retroperitoneal lymph nodes. finished 3xEP (didn't complete fourth due to complications) on 8 January 2018. All clear since scan on January 20, 2018 up to most recent scan on 14May2019.

Concern: While feeling around on my neck today, I found (what i assume to be) a lymph node on the right side of my neck about two inches up from collar bone. This lymph node I found, I can roll around under my finger. Its length is less than one inch and very slender. I believe this lymph node to be one in the posterior cervical region.

Should I be concerned for reoccurrence of TC Cancer?
    Would a reoccurrence on my right side of my neck be a possibility with my cancer being originally from the left side?

Honestly it probably has nothing to do with TC. More so since it's on the other side of your body. You would have alot of other things going on that would point to a relapse.
    Like always if you feel concerned contact your doctor he/she will put your concerns to rest.
    But again highly unlikely to have anything to do with TC.
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

EODTech,

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t called my onc yet. I have been just monitoring. Can’t keep my hands off of it which isn’t helping it. I’ll probably give it another week or so before I try to get into my and see if it improves. I know if I call tho he’s more than likely going to have no concern and only see me if I really push the issue.

Found some threads on with similar situation as mine. Most though never come back to give a conclusion of results. I assume they got good news and never came back to post about it.

I’m really concerned though that it is a reoccurrence and should probably have a head neck mri. Not being able to do my fourth cycle of chemo has stressed me out from the beginning and

Comment

This would be an extremely atypical recurrence for TC. 99% likely it's something else.
        Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
        April is Testicular Cancer Awareness Month!
        www.stevepake.com
        Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
        My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
        C
        ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Red somewhere that up to 5% of seminomas metastatize to neck, but been able to found just a few documented cases. All of them were first sign of TC, prior to orchidectomy, and all of them were on the same side of the body as TC. Nevertheless, I think you should check with your onchologist. Maybe it is not even a lymph node but something else, but if it is, it can be easily biopsied as it is near surface and tangible.
          Last edited by Harxxony; 09-06-19, 02:34 PM.
          45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
          Waiting...

Comment

Working...
          X