Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDH test year 4

Hello,

I was diagnosed with pure seminoma back in 10/2015 when I had an orchiectomy done and have been doing scans and blood work since. We have been doing observation since. I did not have any treatments outside of this. I had my blood tests and CT of Abdomen and Pelvis for my 4th year just hours ago. I got the first set of blood work back and my LDH is at 329. Around the time i was diagnosed i was at a high of 269 i believe when it went down to around 180. It has my mind going a bit. I have had some abdomen discomfort and in to my chest over the past few months. I talked with my general dr about it and he said probably nothing which i have been telling myself as well. I think it will be a life long thing for me and others I am sure, to not chalk everything up to a return of the cancer.

I wanted to run it by this group and get peoples thoughts. Is it back?

Thanks.
    Last edited by bline22; 10-10-19, 11:46 AM.

Can't really draw any conclusions at this point yet until scans come back.

Were your bHCG and AFP elevated at diagnosis, or normal? What are the results of those today?

LDH is a nonspecific indicator of cell turnover. Have you done any strenuous exercise recently, had any other surgeries, pulled muscles, or other injuries? Those can also elevate it.

If other markers and scans are normal, you probably will just have a second test in another 2-4 weeks to see if the value was an error or brief spike or not.
    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
    7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
    4/15/19: all clears up to this date!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't gotten the bHCG or AFP back yet. When i was diagnosed AFP (1.4) and the bHCG was at 3.2.

Glad you mentioned the strenuous exercise as that could be it if that can raise it. I used to lift and exercise a lot prior to kids so when I go on business trips which I did earlier in the week, i generally hit it hard and am really sore as a result even yet today.

As soon as i get the other numbers I will let you know the result.

Thanks for calming the nerves down a bit with that.

Comment

Working...
      X