Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower left abdominal groin pain

Hey guys,

I’m a 33-year-old with a history of stage II nonseminomatous germ cell tumor of
    the right testicular, with orchiectomy on June 6, 2013, a persistence of tumor markers as well as a
    2 cm aortocaval node post-orchiectomy, 3 cycles of BEP chemotherapy, completed on October 14, 2013,
    and a retroperitoneal lymph node dissection performed on April 12, 2014, revealing 1/16 lymph nodes positive for necrotic carcinoma.

All’s well and good, had a check up in Feb 2019.
    Now I’m off surveillance.

However I occasionally experience pain in my lower left groin area, almost like a sharp achiness that lasts for hours/ day. Like today, its been there all day, but it doesn’t prevent me from doing anything, its just annoying, It has been happening for years but it doesn’t seem to get worse, might be stress related.

I’m really worried I’m gonna lose my left testicle later in life.

Just wanted to know if any of you guys have experienced the same thing and might know the cause?

I never experienced the pain you describe, but I did end up losing lefty 35 years after righty. While I hate to say this, I suspect we will be seeing many more of us in the 2X club in the future, just because so many more of us are surviving 1X long enough to get it on the other one.

That said, it's not as bad as one might think. Other that the regular need for TRT, life is pretty much unchanged, & it's been 10 years for me. It's amazing what we can deal with when its necessary.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to go in and get an ultrasound, if anything else, it could bring eace of mind to you.

MIke
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Working...
      X